Hacking [Question] Formatting Vita with Henkaku installed, would it have any issues?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So again, a newbie on the vita scene, i bought a used vita slim, and it came with a network account already logged in and everything, the first thing i did was install henkaku, put some games on it, but, i want to start from scratch, but i dont know if the vita ask for something special when formatting, aka login into an account, or activating via network, or force update or anything, so im not willing to take the risk.

If i format the system and he memory card, will it cause any issue, other than reinstalling henkaku?

Does it ask for an activation or for an update?

Is it safe to just format it?

BBXiong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did exactly that to switch to my dummy PSN account. Dont need to worry about it. Henkaku basically just gives us access to protected system files etc, it wouldn't be harmful if you want to format your vita. As for activation, what you can do is either don't login to PSN at all, or skip first in the initial setup screen, install henkaku, then login to PSN again since you can now connect to PSN using 3.60. This way, the system will not prompt you for any update.

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So again, a newbie on the vita scene, i bought a used vita slim, and it came with a network account already logged in and everything, the first thing i did was install henkaku, put some games on it, but, i want to start from scratch, but i dont know if the vita ask for something special when formatting, aka login into an account, or activating via network, or force update or anything, so im not willing to take the risk.

If i format the system and he memory card, will it cause any issue, other than reinstalling henkaku?

Does it ask for an activation or for an update?

Is it safe to just format it?
Install henkaku before resetting. I foratted two of my vitas that had my primary account set. No issues regarding updates

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The account logged in its not mine, i wanted to format and start from scratch again, set up my account if possible, but avoid updates, thats my fear, lol. i can instlal henkaku again once i reformat, thats not the issues, the issue its if it would ask for update, or activation first, or force me update or something.

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The account logged in its not mine, i wanted to format and start from scratch again, set up my account if possible, but avoid updates, thats my fear, lol. i can instlal henkaku again once i reformat, thats not the issues, the issue its if it would ask for update, or activation first, or force me update or something.
Like I said install henkaku, then format. It wont ask you to update.
And yes you can install Henkaku again after the format

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Make a new PSN account on PC if you don't have one already. With HENkaku enabled, deactivate your old account and then format (restore).
When booting into the fresh system, try to skip all PSN activation. Or just turn off your router. After everything is set up, reinsand enable HENkaku, then login to PSN with the new account.
Probably a bit longer method than necessary but it's what I did when I wanted to switch out to dummy account.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To sum up, if you fully reset your Vita everything goes away. You could try to make a backup using QCMA first.

In fact backup EVERYTHING before you try a reset, just in case. As long as you use the same PSN account and Vita ID as before the reset you should in theory be able to restore anything you want.

Charlesgroves

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To sum up, if you fully reset your Vita everything goes away. You could try to make a backup using QCMA first.

In fact backup EVERYTHING before you try a reset, just in case. As long as you use the same PSN account and Vita ID as before the reset you should in theory be able to restore anything you want.
Once I restore, how do i get vita shell ?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Once I restore, how do i get vita shell ?

If vitashell and H-Encore was installed with your psn account then you should be able to restore it using QCMA from backup. Otherwise you will have to use finalhe to reinstall H-Encore and Vitashell.

Remember to also backup the system just in case, not just the apps, games, save files and so on.

Last edited by raxadian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)