[Question] Formatting Vita with Henkaku installed, would it have any issues?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ScarletDreamz, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    So again, a newbie on the vita scene, i bought a used vita slim, and it came with a network account already logged in and everything, the first thing i did was install henkaku, put some games on it, but, i want to start from scratch, but i dont know if the vita ask for something special when formatting, aka login into an account, or activating via network, or force update or anything, so im not willing to take the risk.

If i format the system and he memory card, will it cause any issue, other than reinstalling henkaku?

Does it ask for an activation or for an update?

Is it safe to just format it?

2. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Bumpity!

3. BBXiong

BBXiong Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    Malaysia
    I did exactly that to switch to my dummy PSN account. Dont need to worry about it. Henkaku basically just gives us access to protected system files etc, it wouldn't be harmful if you want to format your vita. As for activation, what you can do is either don't login to PSN at all, or skip first in the initial setup screen, install henkaku, then login to PSN again since you can now connect to PSN using 3.60. This way, the system will not prompt you for any update.

4. Faran Maqsood

Faran Maqsood Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2015
    Pakistan
    Install henkaku before resetting. I foratted two of my vitas that had my primary account set. No issues regarding updates

5. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    The account logged in its not mine, i wanted to format and start from scratch again, set up my account if possible, but avoid updates, thats my fear, lol. i can instlal henkaku again once i reformat, thats not the issues, the issue its if it would ask for update, or activation first, or force me update or something.

6. Faran Maqsood

Faran Maqsood Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2015
    Pakistan
    Like I said install henkaku, then format. It wont ask you to update.
    And yes you can install Henkaku again after the format

7. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Make a new PSN account on PC if you don't have one already. With HENkaku enabled, deactivate your old account and then format (restore).
    When booting into the fresh system, try to skip all PSN activation. Or just turn off your router. After everything is set up, reinsand enable HENkaku, then login to PSN with the new account.
    Probably a bit longer method than necessary but it's what I did when I wanted to switch out to dummy account.

8. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    i just formated without doing anything, then just started the vita normally, and create a "temporal PSN account" when prompted, then it was done.