ROM Hack Question for Members of sonic hacking community

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure many people who own a 3ds withh access to eshop have stumbled upon the seag 3D Titles on there, Like space harrier 3d, After burner 3d, Echo the dolphin 3d. My question has to do with the Sonic the hedgehog 3D game, Has anyone discovered a way to replace the game with rom hacks? I was curious to know exactly how those 3d titles work, i have few ideas.

There options for different play styles, for example is "International/Japan" Setting which makes me thing that the game title itself contains Roms, that can be access with the option, (International uses USA Rom, Japanese uses JAP Rom, Or REV02) or something like that. There are also other options specific to each game like "Level select, Ring keeper mode, Spin dash enabled, Super sonic mode, etc" Which could be compared to action replay codes or game genie. But my idea is just muitple rom files that can be selected with different patches to enable cheats. It is possible that is running a emulator with patched rom data, Similar to Super mario advance 4 On Wii u (Enables all e reader levels) Or the options to change those settings are just applying patches to one rom on start up which could also be why each option needs a reset to take place.

Those are just my ideas, I dunno for sure, i was hoping someone smart enough could tell me more. It wouldd be cool to see if rom hacks can be put into those 3d games, and play those games in 3d. But if not, it was just a qustion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.