Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am doing a survey for everyone who have trinket m0 in their switch/es

I did 3 trinket m0 installs on 2 of my own switches and my friend's switch.
I followed the plans that Matty and others have.

last one install have non-working USB install.

my friend had ebay seller did his install originally then the switch/chip went not working right.
he gave me his switch for me to work on.
the computer cant see USB unless I disconnect the d- and d+ on the trinket.

I am talking with other person who done every points on his trinket.
I found out that he have trouble too. I did comparisons with the different method and 3 switches.

I see that USB disconnect to #2 on trinket may be causing issues.

I want everyone to post pic of their trinket install and tell me if you are able to do usb installs with goldleaf+quark or awoo installer+ns-usbloader
also are you able to access trinket drive from your computer?

Last edited by ELY_M,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am doing a survey for everyone who have trinket m0 in their switch/es

I did 3 trinket m0 installs on 2 of my own switches and my friend's switch.
I followed the plans that Matty and others have.

last one install have non-working USB install.

my friend had ebay seller did his install originally then the switch/chip went not working right.
he gave me his switch for me to work on.
the computer cant see USB unless I disconnect the d- and d+ on the trinket.

I am talking with other person who done every points on his trinket.
I found out that he have trouble too. I did comparisons with the different method and 3 switches.

I see that USB disconnect to #2 on trinket may be causing issues.

I want everyone to post pic of their trinket install and tell me if you are able to do usb installs with goldleaf+quark or awoo installer+ns-usbloader
also are you able to access trinket drive from your computer?
hello,

I also seem to have issues with the "usb disconnect" strap. If connected and i long press power when switch off it totally turns my battery charger to zero charging. but if i remove that strap then i can charge when switch is off. this is very strange.
What did you do to fix your problem?

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like this thread was necro'd. I had a Rebug chip and usb worked fine for me, I only did the 4 wire install. I would send pics but my RCM unit died a while ago so I didn't bring it to university with me.
The issue lies with the new version of installing the trinket... Specifically the "usb disconnect" strap. I've disconnected it and it works great. Works the way it should. I don't know if he made a mistake in the code or something but without that strap the switch charges while being powered off.

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*Update*

There's two straps for 3V

One is on the capacitor adjacent to the BM92T36 USB-C controller chip.

The other is adjacent to the Texas Instruments TMP451 remote/local temperature sensor (next to joycon strap connection).

My issue was due to the failure of the 2.2 uf 0402 10v MLCC capacitor, next to the BM92T36 IC.

It seems that powering the Trinket M0 from that capacitor, will damage the capacitor over time. As soon as I replaced the 2.2uf 10v capacitor, everything ran beautifully. I have since replaced ALL of the Trinket M0 3v installations that I've done, to the connection next to the joycon strap instead.

I hope this helped you guys as it had killed my switch.

In summary: DO NOT use the 3v connection next to the BM92T36 IC to power your Trinket M0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o