ROM Hack [QUESTION] Does decrypting/unpacking a .cia/.3ds rom still requires the physical console ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
As the title says, i want in the charm of romhacking the 3ds japanese games, but i don't have the physical console, is there anyway i can unpack a 3ds game release without the need of a physical/3rd party hardware ?

Thank you.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Apparently not possible with pre 7.x games, but newer games may work if there's already a solution for that.

Reactions: omarrrio

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
but newer games may work if there's already a solution for that.
Would you be able to elaborate or link me to something that could help ? what did you mean by "if there is a solution for that" ? is it possible to make a solution for any post 7.x rom ?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Until we get the last NCCH keys, we can't decrypt roms without a physical console to act as a crypto black box.

However, a lot of the CIA files on that iso site are already decrypted and as such you can just extract them using something like FonzD ba-gui-nnertool

frangimenez99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
omarrrio
hi i am translating yu gi oh arc v tag force special to spanish, do you have the tool to be able to extract the descriptions of the cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn