ROM Hack [Question] Can I extract a patched rom with RomFS Extractor?

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is probably a really nooby question but, as the title says, can I do this?

Basically I did all the stuff to patch Neo Y, and it works perfectly on my 3ds, but now after playing it for a while I've started to wonder if I can change the music. So instead of having to dump Pokemon Y again, is it possible for me to just extract the Neo Y romfs (thats already in my SD card) again with RomFS extractor? I take it I'll have to change it to .bin as trying to extract the .romfs file in the extractor just says "File is invalid binary file" or something.

Thanks! :D

D

Deleted User

I'm pretty sure it should work, and yes, I'm pretty sure you'll have to change the extension back to *.BIN.

Reactions: ZedMania

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It.... didn't work >.< Still says "Not a valid romfs binary." The file is definitely a .bin so..... damn it. Does it have to be named "romfs.bin"? I really cant be bothered dumping everything again .__.

D

Deleted User

I don't know, I don't think I've ever used the RomFS unpacker you're using.

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh. Its the one included in the Pack Hack. "RomFS Extractor.exe". I know there's also ctrtool, but i've never used that before

D

Deleted User

Oh, that's actually what I use lol
The RomFS have to be named DecryptedRomFS.bin I think?

D

Deleted User

Actually, now that I think about it, the thing I'm thinking of is the RomFS unpacker in HackingToolkit.exe.

ZedMania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that I think about it... I should probably just dump the file and go through the process again. I doubt my file will work with the Toolkit either, as the extractor that I use usually doesn't have problems. Ah well. Thanks, (again xD) for the advice.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.