3DS PackHack extracting .bin files instead of folders

slugaris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey! So I'm very new to this site and fairly new to hacking, so please be easy on me if this is a stupid question. I couldn't find an actual solution for this (or at least one that I could understand), only other people complaining about the same issue.
I'm trying to hack Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, and create custom villagers. I've done this before with New Leaf. I get a .3DS ROM from the internet (I have tried getting romfs from godmode9 but for some reason it only gave me like, 25% of the files), I decrypt it, then I run it through Asia81's PackHack. It usually gives me a folder with all the romfs. When I tried it with HHD, it gave me a bunch of .bin files, including one that was half a gigabite big. I just deleted it but I think it was called DecryptedRomFS.bin.
I really need the actual folder in order to make my hack. So if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

EDIT: I have no idea why, but I tried extracting all the romfs files from HHD via GodMode9 for the fourth time, and it FINALLY worked. My problem still persists but I don't really need an answer now. However if anyone is having the same problem and can't use the GodMode9 method for whatever reason (such as not having a 3DS), answers would be great ^^

Last edited by slugaris,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey! So I'm very new to this site and fairly new to hacking, so please be easy on me if this is a stupid question. I couldn't find an actual solution for this (or at least one that I could understand), only other people complaining about the same issue.
I'm trying to hack Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, and create custom villagers. I've done this before with New Leaf. I get a .3DS ROM from the internet (I have tried getting romfs from godmode9 but for some reason it only gave me like, 25% of the files), I decrypt it, then I run it through Asia81's PackHack. It usually gives me a folder with all the romfs. When I tried it with HHD, it gave me a bunch of .bin files, including one that was half a gigabite big. I just deleted it but I think it was called DecryptedRomFS.bin.
I really need the actual folder in order to make my hack. So if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated! :)
You can mount RomFS using GodMode9 and extract all of the files and folders to the SD card.

slugaris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can mount RomFS using GodMode9 and extract all of the files and folders to the SD card.
That's what I tried doing. As I said in my post, it could only get a handful of files for some reason. A lot of villager files were missing, so I've just been using ROMs from the internet.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk