Hacking Question about WebMan Mod, PS3netsrv, and selecting PSP or PS2 games over network

Clutz450

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I want to say that I understand that PS2 and PSP games cannot be played over network and need to be copied over to the internal HDD first.

I am running an UNRAID NAS on my home network where I keep all my games (PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP). I also use a PS3netsrv Docker for UNRAID and have the folder structure set up properly. Everything is hard wired via ethernet cables to my router. Everything works and when I look in WebMan games on the XMB I see all my games.

PS3 and PS1 games work great over network as I expected. But from what I understood, if I selected a game like PS2 or PSP, WebMan Mod would copy those games over to my internal hard drive for me. However, when I do select one of those games, all I see if the green power indicating light slowly blinking and the orange HDD indicator light quickly flashing. So I am assuming that it is copying over the game. But I don't see any kind of progress bar or any indicator to let me know when it is done. And I've let it go for about 30 minutes and everything is still flashing but it seems like it should have only taken like 10 minutes.

So I've gotten around this by loading up Multiman first and viewing the network games that way and selecting the option to copy them over. Doing it this way gets me a progress bar showing the percentage complete as well has an estimated time for completion.

My ultimate question here is is there a way to do all this using only WebMan Mod and see some kind of indicator with a progress bar of where the copying process is at? Or does anyone else use a similar setup and have any tips or tricks for me? Thank you.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With webMAN 1.47.27 (get latest version on GitHub), it's now possible to load PSP games directly without copying them to the hard drive
I don't have any idea for PS2 games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1