Question about warn levels and moderators.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Excuse me, but why do you want to become a moderator? Trust me moderating this forum is a hell lot of work. Even small forums are hard to moderate.

You'll get a mod by:

Being NICE
Doing useful things, like what I did last: attend on a Wiiu forum. ^^
attend people on the rules if they break it on a nice way
Gain the trust from the staff

So your chances are still not don for it, but you need to prove yourself to be useful here, not just asking stuff and spamming, but helping as many as you can.

I have not fellowed you(like what did you spam?), like your signature does with me but trust me, try to use the mentioned things above.

Also, POST COUNT is NOT important to anyone, DO NOT SPAM TO GET A HIGHER RANK.

Source: some other topic if I remember right.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
trust me i was a mod on nokiapower for 2 years and you dont want to be a mod especially to a huge site try to mod a blog to see how it looks like to delete spam bots on chat box etc ...

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To become a moderator, do you have to have a perfect warn level (0)? Just asking cuz my warn level just went from perfect to almost perfect (my stupid spamming instincts)
I was Global Mod at one point and I've had two warns and a suspension in my first year (unjust personally as a mod thought a comment was trolling when it was just stating an opinion once, though I've said things worthy of suspension since). I think a couple of other mods here have too but people make mistakes/mature so its not something held against you.

Its more about what the higher ups think of you and if you're up to the task. Mod wannabes certainly won't get promoted though.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh no! my warn level is 90% and i have no chance to fufill my reason i have come here for, becoming the headmaster of the eof
i regret being such a jerk and a troll spammer here

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Excuse me, but why do you want to become a moderator? Trust me moderating this forum is a hell lot of work. Even small forums are hard to moderate.

You'll get a mod by:

Being NICE
Doing useful things, like what I did last: attend on a Wiiu forum. ^^
attend people on the rules if they break it on a nice way
Gain the trust from the staff

So your chances are still not don for it, but you need to prove yourself to be useful here, not just asking stuff and spamming, but helping as many as you can.

I have not fellowed you(like what did you spam?), like your signature does with me but trust me, try to use the mentioned things above.

Also, POST COUNT is NOT important to anyone, DO NOT SPAM TO GET A HIGHER RANK.

Source: some other topic if I remember right.
looks like someone wants to become mod

Reactions: 3 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Usually making a topic about becoming a mod will pretty much neuter any chances of becoming a mod. But, yes, there is one certain member that had a pretty high warn level, and He's a Global Moderator.

Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you don't REALLY have to be very nice or intelligent to be a mod on here. While MOST are good people, there have been a few that think moderating a virtual forum gives them the right to be a dick to people. I've seen it happen. I've talked to people. And the sad fact is that no moderator overrides another, so if you end up dealing with a dick, you're at the mercy of that one person. Nobody will bother helping you, no matter how longstanding your membership to this forum has been.

With that said, the majority of mods on here are awesome. I just worry about getting another moderator that wants to be a mod so badly. It just feels like we might end up with another dick.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Actually, you don't REALLY have to be very nice or intelligent to be a mod on here. While MOST are good people, there have been a few that think moderating a virtual forum gives them the right to be a dick to people. I've seen it happen. I've talked to people. And the sad fact is that no moderator overrides another, so if you end up dealing with a dick, you're at the mercy of that one person. Nobody will bother helping you, no matter how longstanding your membership to this forum has been.

With that said, the majority of mods on here are awesome. I just worry about getting another moderator that wants to be a mod so badly. It just feels like we might end up with another dick.

Actually, you haven't been here long enough to come to any of those conclusions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: