Gaming Question about VC Game injects that have 2 discs...

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I'm creating some GameCube VC injects (using TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector) at the moment and I have a question about games that require "2 discs" ...

From my understanding, Nintendon't creates its own unique save file for each game on the SD card. Almost like each game has its OWN virtual memory card.

So lets say I was to complete the first disc of a game (lets use Tales of Symphonia for example). When it comes time to start the second disc. The second disc will look for the save file to continue from the first disc but won't be able to locate it.

Is there any advice for stuff like this? Because a lot of the good GameCube games I'm starting notice are split up onto 2 discs.

EDIT: I guess one way to fix the issue would be to set Nintendon't to use a single virtual memory card rather than create a new one per inject. My only issue with that is that I'll run out of room almost instantly because I have so many GameCube games...

Last edited by ThaKarra,

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
i think that games with 2 discs have the same Memory card ID so it would not has a second card, havent injected gc games yet....

niche2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendont create one memory card for each title id and not for each disk. There shouldn’t any problems with multi disk

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Resurrecting this thread because I don't want to open another one: I am about to play Killer 7 on the Wii U. The game is made of 2 discs. If I install the first disc with WUP Installer, and then I install the second disc, then it will overwrite the first one. I think this is the intended behaviour. So, before starting to play the game, I wanted to double check that, after I finish the first disc (and save my game), when I install the second disc (overwriting the first disc) my savefile will still be there and the second disc will recognize it. Is it correct?

Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...