Hacking Question about USPS deliveries

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the package go in the mailbox? Or do they leave a slip to tell me to go to the post office to get it?

Thanks

Looking forward to getting my R4 lol

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only good thing about USPS is that it goes to your mailbox. Otherwise, for future reference, don't use them. Unreliable, slow, etc.

Use DHL if you can its EXTREMELY FAST. Otherwise take UPS or FedEX

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, alright thanks, ill watch out for it in my mailbox lol

the only reason that i used usps was because it costs the least, im not really in a rush to get it

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't like FedEx, they don't notify me if they've been to my house.
They just try the next day again :S. But I'm always late home from school.
Then 2 weeks later they call me for further instructions.

Cawks.

Q~

EDIT: This could be because I keep calling the person who delivers it, sir.
I keep forgetting she's a woman.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they leave it in the mailbox if local, ex shipped from North America they make you sign for it if its from other countries like China, Tailand, India, etc...

i dont think i had to sign for something for UK but i could be wrong since its been forever

*Edit*
oh if your not there to sign for it then it goes back to the post office for retry or pickup and they leave a slip also

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
do you americans not have trouble with people stealing mail from mail boxes.
blink.gif

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well unless the seller doesn't state that 'Delivery Confirmation' is needed, they'll put in the mailbox.

If the package doesn't fit in the mailbox, they usually leave it by the door or ring your doorbell to ask someone to pick it up.

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw, on the tracking thing realhotstuff.com gave me in the email, it says Delivery Confirmation -.-

So then do i have to sign to get it? Meaning i have to go to the post office then

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to sign for delivery confirmation, that just lets the sender see that the package was actually delivered. You normally only have to sign for insured or registered mail. The only other issue I know is if the package is too big to fit in the mailbox, and there is no good place outside the mailbox to leave the package. If that happens, the mail carrier will leave a note saying what happened, and what to do about it.

I recieved a package from RHS today. It was sent by priority mail with delivery confirmation; that sort of thing just gets left in the mailbox.

immo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I hope they put mines in my mailbox, but it says a signature is required. >_>

Did u order from realhotstuff.com?

I did that too but im not sure if i have to sign or not

Yeah I ordered from realhotstuff.com

I live in south california, and today's the fourth day since I ordered it, and I haven't received it yet :/ Neither did my friend.

So wait, i got this in part of my email as well:

Package Status
Package ID 91018052139235120760411200652
Destination Address 1xxxx xxxxxx St.
xxxxxxxx, CA 91765-4594
Mail Class Priority Mail
Delivery Confirmation
Weight 1 Lbs.
Package Status

Mailclass says priority mail and delivery confirmation, does this mean I have to get a signature or will it be in my mailbox?

immo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, you will need a signature.

You don't have to sign for delivery confirmation, that just lets the sender see that the package was actually delivered. You normally only have to sign for insured or registered mail. The only other issue I know is if the package is too big to fit in the mailbox, and there is no good place outside the mailbox to leave the package. If that happens, the mail carrier will leave a note saying what happened, and what to do about it.

I recieved a package from RHS today. It was sent by priority mail with delivery confirmation; that sort of thing just gets left in the mailbox.

QUOTE(rice151 @ Apr 5 2007, 10:08 PM)
Delivery Confirmation

i'm confused now.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif

think its rare, someone once told me its a federal crime to steal stuff out of mail boxes or vandalize a mailbox. reason behind this they said was because the mailboxes do not belong to you and they acually belong to the government. as he left for mail box busting (common redneck sport around here).

either way have you seen what kind of mails americans get? junk mail after junk mail, i think i get mail every other day and 80% of it is junk mail.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blink.gif

think its rare, someone once told me its a federal crime to steal stuff out of mail boxes or vandalize a mailbox. reason behind this they said was because the mailboxes do not belong to you and they acually belong to the government. as he left for mail box busting (common redneck sport around here).

either way have you seen what kind of mails americans get? junk mail after junk mail, i think i get mail every other day and 80% of it is junk mail.

Well tis the same oever here if someone steals mail its supposed to be like stealing from the queen or something. However over here if we had mail boxes we would for sure get our stuff stole i guess thats why we dont have them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: