Hacking question about the g6 lite

jba6511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the newbie question but i am planning on purchasing the G6 lite and Passcard 3 soon. It is my understanding that I still need to flash the DSL. Can I simply follow the instructions in the tuturiol (sp?) listed here, plugging the g6 lite in the gba slot and the passcard 3 in the nds slot? Also, I heard that a new version of the g6 lite in english is going to be released in the next week or two, is this true? Thanks for the help

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need the passcard if you want to flash your lite, then you dont need the passcard anymore, but you dont have to flash and can continue using the passcard instead.

yes, it seems the g6 lite english version will be released soon.

greetings, mars

jba6511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the response and for clearing that up. Last question, does anyone have a good picture of the tool they used to flash? I know about the toothpick and foil wrapped in electric tape but am not 100% clear on how to construct this and want to be postive before bricking my dsl when trying to install.

r4sCaL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just used a small Allen key/Allen wrench/hex key which worked fine and didn't need any messing around with foil or tape. Depends if you have a set handy to use I guess.

Edit: Check the Guide to FlashMe for a video on "How to make a DS Lite Flashing tool" if you want to use that method.

jba6511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am also intrested in running homebrew such as the pda which appears to be in chinese from all the pics i have seen around. also i believe the clock and settings such as these are in chinese as well. please correct me if i am wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1