Ftech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I added a swath of boss characters properly to my save file in FE: Echoes, including Jamil (I think was his name), Duma, and Grima (The Creation). Jamil and definitely Duma have the unique skill Upheaval and Grima has Dark Spikes. These are boss-only. However, despite them being now in my party, I can't seem to activate them. I tried many ways to find a trigger but maybe I'm missing something. I know in game, esp. when you face Jamil, he has a text box for Upheaval out of combat, indicating that it may be a scripted event. However, there's nothing like that for Dark Spikes, IIRC. I am posting here because I am wondering if anyone, esp. the people responsible for hacking the game, has figured out the way to activate those skills? One thing to note is that the effects of those skills are similar (AOE damage). I am inclined to believe those skills are activatable simply because they are skills, and that it's just me not being able to find out how. I imagine otherwise they would do something like Takumi's endgame (Conquest) attack, which clearly seems to be an entirely scripted event with no associated skill. Thanks in advance, and shoutouts to everyone who worked on hacking Echoes. Even without these skills the playable bosses are a blast.

Ftech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure they're scripted events like Megaquake in Gaiden surely was.

While you are probably right, I noticed something else that may help. The symbol denoting the type of skill (such as passive, active offensive, active defensive) behind the name of the skill is the same as the symbol for the Pegasus sisters triangle attack skill. And that one is activatable but under specific conditions. Could that be the case here? Maybe a way to activate a script?

Ftech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found more information and eliminates the idea that those skills are activatable only on the maps in which those enemies normally appear. There's a video on YouTube that shows someone fighting a bunch of hacked in level 99 (maxed stat) bosses for a fun challenge. Among those is Duma. Thing is, the hack is on the final floor of Thabes, where Grima is naturally, but NOT Duma or Jamil. And lo and behold, eventually, Duma charges up Upheaval... meaning it's possible.

Geodude671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I'm not quite sure then. It might be that the Upheaval skill is on a timer, and the quake happens every X turns?

The "person" symbol next to Triangle Attack etc just denotes that a skill is a personal skill as opposed to a class skill or a skill granted by a held item.

Ftech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I'm not quite sure then. It might be that the Upheaval skill is on a timer, and the quake happens every X turns?

The "person" symbol next to Triangle Attack etc just denotes that a skill is a personal skill as opposed to a class skill or a skill granted by a held item.

That explains why the Pact skill also looks like that then. But as for turn count, doesn't seem likely because that was the first thing I tried when I couldn't find a skill command to activate it. I tried for many turns using both the wait command and just not giving any command (end turn) to see if auto charged. No luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work