Question about region free gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Herobroski, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Herobroski
    OP

Herobroski GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    If I download x, y, or any other online 3ds rom, could I still play wifi battles with my friends?
    When I download ANY 3ds rom that is not in my select country (example: Im from U.S. but choose EU), does the rom prevent me from using online features in my country? Like If I got Pokémon X as a EU 3ds rom, would Gateway allow online features? I know it will at least let me play the game due to region free but will it interfere online features?

2. Herobroski
    OP

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    Im basically curious if the region of a 3ds rom that I download IN ANY WAY might interfere with my game, Nintendo events, or online capabilities, etc.

3. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    No flashcart has online multiplayer enabled. Only local wireless play is available. Games that have DLC but no other online capabilities; like Fire Emblem, Professor Layton, and Conception II; will be able to access the eshop to buy their DLC, provided that you're using the most recent system update via emuNAND. Games with DLC and online capabilities (Bravely Default) will not be able to access their eShop at all.

4. Herobroski
    OP

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    If got an EU 3ds pokemon x rom, could I still play locally with my friends while I live in the US?

5. kuraki_17

kuraki_17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2014
    Switzerland

I think you can. It doesn't matter whether two consoles connecting locally are from the same region.

6. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia