Hacking Question about RedNAND and CBHC

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Coldboot Haxchi installed, and I want to also use RedNAND with Mocha. Is it safe to dump and use a NAND with coldboothax installed? Does CBHC interfere with the code or dumping process? Or should I uninstall CBHC first, install RedNAND with Mocha, and then reinstall CBHC?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to use CBHC with redNand or Mocha. CBHC can launch HaxChi firmware. Why would you use one CFW to launch another only to launch a 3rd CFW. Makes no sense.

I think you're consfused. There is no reason for you to use redNAND. Please read my guide and tell me if you still have questions.

You said in your OP that you want redNAND? Why? For the love of Pete why? Because some youtube guide said so? If I had my way I would have a big Sticky that says, "Stop using redNAND!"

Since it was the first CFW every stupid youtube guide says (incorrectly) to use redNAND. It's a constant battle to inform users properly

Last edited by Kafluke,

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want RedNAND as a backup, I followed FlimFlam69's Wii U Hacking guide to exploit, install Haxchi and the Homebrew Launcher, and then most recently to install Coldboot Haxchi. Here is the link: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

I would never use a YouTube guide, they are too unreliable. I didn't know if I needed to have Mocha to run homebrew on RedNAND. My ideal setup would be to Coldboot to RedNAND and if I want to use sysNAND, I just press home when booting and select boot System Menu or Homebrew Launcher or vWii if I want to use vWii. As far as I know you can't access vWii from RedNAND. So that is why I'd give myself the option.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want RedNAND as a backup, I followed FlimFlam69's Wii U Hacking guide to exploit, install Haxchi and the Homebrew Launcher, and then most recently to install Coldboot Haxchi. Here is the link: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

I would never use a YouTube guide, they are too unreliable. I didn't know if I needed to have Mocha to run homebrew on RedNAND. My ideal setup would be to Coldboot to RedNAND and if I want to use sysNAND, I just press home when booting and select boot System Menu or Homebrew Launcher or vWii if I want to use vWii. As far as I know you can't access vWii from RedNAND. So that is why I'd give myself the option.
Fair enough. Would you be willing to read my guide with an open mind and tell me your thoughts. I try to give you all the options with a good description of each option rather than just tell you to use mocha plus rednand. (Which is one of multiple options)

I do say what I recommend and why. But what works for me isn't what's best for all.

Last edited by Kafluke,

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like it, it's good for first-timers. However it doesn't answer my question, can I install RedNAND with CBHC already installed?Also, this is the configuration the guide says I have to use to run Mocha with RedNAND:
  • Config view mode: expert
  • Skip the menu on launch: on
  • Show launch image: on
  • Don't relaunch OS: off
  • Launch System Menu: on
  • redNAND: on
  • SEEPROM redirection: on
  • OTP redirection: on
  • Use syshax.xml (coldboothax): off
If I can install RedNAND with Mocha with Coldboot Haxchi installed what should I change? Shoule I change Use syshax.xml to on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1