gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
They are not for D9, they are for the computer (if I understand) and they aren't written in C since Python is portable.
I mean, C code IS portable, but hey, Python is easier, should work out of the box without the need to compile the code for the target platform, just make sure a Python interpreter exists and... well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
C is the language used to program the homebrew and compile it to binary format to be run on the console.

Python is used for tools to launch on a computer. It could have been .exe instead of .py, but it would have work only on windows, and you'd needed to compile the sources using a compiler (Visual basic, etc.), but again each computer don't have the same compatibility (VCredist missing, library, dll, 32bit, 64bit, etc. etc.)
so many headheack, just to get "heyyy, I'm on Mac, please how do I compile?"

Using Python is a multi plateform tool solution (not the actual homebrew on console) without the need to compile.

The link you gave are just individual programs you can use if you want.
For the first wiiU homebrew, it was needed to compile homebrew and inject them into a payload exploit. It could have been anything else, java, exe, etc. python is usually chosen for its ease of use.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: VeniaSilente

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill