Question about PSP 3000 and CFW 5.03 C

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by anthony001, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010
  1. anthony001
    OP

Member anthony001 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    1.) is it better to play with a compressed iso like cso?
    2.) can i use cwcheat on this firmware?
    3.) can i use custom theme? cuz when i went to the store i bought this they said i should not use custom themes and i should not put pictures.
    4.) (might be off topic) do u guys recommend i tie my strings(ie. ccharger earphones etc.)or should i lay them out straight? it gets annoying when laid out straight since it consumes too much space but im also afraid if i (dont know the word) tie the strings since it might break the wires inside

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    1) No.
    2) Yes.
    3) Yes....the guy is mental btw....
    4) Depends how fragile the cables are.

3. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    lol'd [​IMG]

4. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    XD I loled too because it's true. Where the heck didja buy that PSP?!

I suggest that you put your pictures in separate wallpapers though. Makes access to HEN easier if ya need to. Oh, and make sure you use .ptf files if you wanna install themes.

5. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    if i remember correctly, ctf custom themes(these are real custom themes, not skins for the regular theme) do need a modified version of CXMB to work.
    an important thing to remember for the 3k compatible CXMB, the theme file you have in use has to be placed on all memory cards you have that contain games, gamesaves, and the GEN launcher. launching GEN or exiting a game when the theme file isn't on your memory card can mess up the XMB for a while.

and if you want to "tie up" your cables to preserve space just make sure there are no tight bends in them.
    best is actually to roll them up as if you tie them around a can, and use tape to hold them like that(specifically for the power cable)

oh, and for pictures:
    it's best to get 2 memory cards.
    a small one(2GB or lower) with the HEN files, and a big one for the GEN launcher, games, pictures, themes, and all the other files you want to use on your psp.

6. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Anyone care to explain why I shouldn't be compressing my ISOs to CSO format. As I've been doing this with no apparent difference in gameplay.
    I must admit I've only had the PSP for a couple of weeks, so have not yet fully explored the pros & cons. I presumed compressing was similar to trimming DS roms (ie. simply removing blank data space to reduce size of the file).

7. Salax

Member Salax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It can increase loading times or slow down the game on more graphics-intensive games. I would compress them and just use the uncompressed if you have problems.

8. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    CSOs also cause some cutscenes in some games to lag.

@thedicemaster: Oooh... didn't know I could do that... -ponders-

9. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Also, 3000s don't have MS Speed up mod so you wouldn't gain much from compressing it into a CSO. (Apart from smaller size)

10. anthony001
    OP

Member anthony001 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    what is MS speed up mod? yeah i noticed a large difference when i played splinter cell, the game lagged horribly even when no one was around [​IMG]

11. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Is it just me or do you feel like punching a person that mentions about MS speed up?

.cso plays just fine for me on my fake memory card.