Gaming Question about PSP 3000 and CFW 5.03 C

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1.) is it better to play with a compressed iso like cso?
2.) can i use cwcheat on this firmware?
3.) can i use custom theme? cuz when i went to the store i bought this they said i should not use custom themes and i should not put pictures.
4.) (might be off topic) do u guys recommend i tie my strings(ie. ccharger earphones etc.)or should i lay them out straight? it gets annoying when laid out straight since it consumes too much space but im also afraid if i (dont know the word) tie the strings since it might break the wires inside

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Yes....the guy is mental btw....
4) Depends how fragile the cables are.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Yes....the guy is mental btw....
4) Depends how fragile the cables are.
lol'd
tongue.gif

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
XD I loled too because it's true. Where the heck didja buy that PSP?!

I suggest that you put your pictures in separate wallpapers though. Makes access to HEN easier if ya need to. Oh, and make sure you use .ptf files if you wanna install themes.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if i remember correctly, ctf custom themes(these are real custom themes, not skins for the regular theme) do need a modified version of CXMB to work.
an important thing to remember for the 3k compatible CXMB, the theme file you have in use has to be placed on all memory cards you have that contain games, gamesaves, and the GEN launcher. launching GEN or exiting a game when the theme file isn't on your memory card can mess up the XMB for a while.

and if you want to "tie up" your cables to preserve space just make sure there are no tight bends in them.
best is actually to roll them up as if you tie them around a can, and use tape to hold them like that(specifically for the power cable)

oh, and for pictures:
it's best to get 2 memory cards.
a small one(2GB or lower) with the HEN files, and a big one for the GEN launcher, games, pictures, themes, and all the other files you want to use on your psp.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone care to explain why I shouldn't be compressing my ISOs to CSO format. As I've been doing this with no apparent difference in gameplay.
I must admit I've only had the PSP for a couple of weeks, so have not yet fully explored the pros & cons. I presumed compressing was similar to trimming DS roms (ie. simply removing blank data space to reduce size of the file).

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Anyone care to explain why I shouldn't be compressing my ISOs to CSO format. As I've been doing this with no apparent difference in gameplay.
I must admit I've only had the PSP for a couple of weeks, so have not yet fully explored the pros & cons. I presumed compressing was similar to trimming DS roms (ie. simply removing blank data space to reduce size of the file).
It can increase loading times or slow down the game on more graphics-intensive games. I would compress them and just use the uncompressed if you have problems.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Also, 3000s don't have MS Speed up mod so you wouldn't gain much from compressing it into a CSO. (Apart from smaller size)

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Also, 3000s don't have MS Speed up mod so you wouldn't gain much from compressing it into a CSO. (Apart from smaller size)

what is MS speed up mod? yeah i noticed a large difference when i played splinter cell, the game lagged horribly even when no one was around
frown.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
fgghjjkll said:
Is it just me or do you feel like punching a person that mentions about MS speed up?

.cso plays just fine for me on my fake memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol