ROM Hack Question about Pokémon 4th Gen games

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there any hacks for the 4th gen games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver), as well as the HardGold hack, that changes Pokémon's names so they're not in all caps anymore (like Pikachu instead of PIKACHU)? This has bugged me for years.

pokenoobz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
Are there any hacks for the 4th gen games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver), as well as the HardGold hack, that changes Pokémon's names so they're not in all caps anymore (like Pikachu instead of PIKACHU)? This has bugged me for years.

Well I have heard of pokemon bloody platinum, but it may contain some viruses (most hacks do :/ ) , so be careful

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
pokenoobz said:
Dann Woolf said:

Well I have heard of pokemon bloody platinum, but it may contain some viruses (most hacks do :/ ) , so be careful
This is not true so don't listen to this guy. Maybe he's had an experience with hacks that contain viruses but "most hacks" do NOT have them.

To answer your question... I have little to any clue. Iirc, a HG/SS translation project (Jap. to Eng.) did so but other than that I don't remember. Hopefully someone else can come along and answer you.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokenoobz said:
Dann Woolf said:

You just must have gotten it from a bad site, the hack is virus free.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Download PokeSav**/PokeGen* for the diamond/pearl or platinum if u have that. Open your .sav file with it and then change the name usiing the program. In PokeSav you have to open the pokemon file. There ut should pop up all info about your pokemon. There should be box at the top that shows what your pokemon name is. Change it to the one you desire. For PokeGen i cant remember XD Should be as easy as Pokesav. Or the hackfree version.. Simply go to the pokemon renamer and rewrite their name to the one you want.

*PokeGen works with generation 4 so no need to find a diamon/pearl/platinum version.
**PokeSav also have HG/SS versions too. Remember you cant use diamond pokesav with platinum save or platinum save with a HG pokesav.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DarkStriker said:
Download PokeSav**/PokeGen* for the diamond/pearl or platinum if u have that. Open your .sav file with it and then change the name usiing the program. In PokeSav you have to open the pokemon file. There ut should pop up all info about your pokemon. There should be box at the top that shows what your pokemon name is. Change it to the one you desire. For PokeGen i cant remember XD Should be as easy as Pokesav. Or the hackfree version.. Simply go to the pokemon renamer and rewrite their name to the one you want.

*PokeGen works with generation 4 so no need to find a diamon/pearl/platinum version.
**PokeSav also have HG/SS versions too. Remember you cant use diamond pokesav with platinum save or platinum save with a HG pokesav.
He mean change name ON ROM not on Save File, also using pokegen/pokesav is not hacking "ROM" is just hacking "Save file only"

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
andibad said:
DarkStriker said:

He mean change name ON ROM not on Save File, also using pokegen/pokesav is not hacking "ROM" is just hacking "Save file only"
WAit what? He clearly wrote: Are there any hacks for the 4th gen games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver), as well as the HardGold hack, that changes Pokémon's names so they're not in all caps anymore (like Pikachu instead of PIKACHU)? This has bugged me for years.

If i understand english it says THE POKEMONS NAME. He didnt specify a ROM hack. So basically my way is still VALID. And why does he even need to hack it? He can simply go to the name changer dude in Pokemon... And PokeGen/PokeSav works with HardGold because it obviously is a hack of HeartGold which generates a savefile that works exactly the same way as HeartGold.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
andibad said:
DarkStriker said:

WAit what? He clearly wrote: Are there any hacks for the 4th gen games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver), as well as the HardGold hack, that changes Pokémon's names so they're not in all caps anymore (like Pikachu instead of PIKACHU)? This has bugged me for years.

If i understand english it says THE POKEMONS NAME. He didnt specify a ROM hack. So basically my way is still VALID. And why does he even need to hack it? He can simply go to the name changer dude in Pokemon... And PokeGen/PokeSav works with HardGold because it obviously is a hack of HeartGold which generates a savefile that works exactly the same way as HeartGold.
Well probably because applying a hack or whatever to the rom that changes every name seems easier than going to the Name Changer or constantly changing your own Pokemon's name. It seems he wants every Pokemon in the game to be that way and not just his own. Otherwise, your solution with PokeSav or Name Changer is right on point.

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
This is one of those things I need to do whenever I actually get around to updating my HGSS hack. As far as I'm aware there's no hack that does that atm, no.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Nebz said:
Well probably because applying a hack or whatever to the rom that changes every name seems easier than going to the Name Changer or constantly changing your own Pokemon's name. It seems he wants every Pokemon in the game to be that way and not just his own. Otherwise, your solution with PokeSav or Name Changer is right on point.
If so then he should ask for a cheat code. Romhacking a game just to change that involves more time than goign to a name changer to just change your pokemons name. I still dont see the point in having them in caps or not. And i doubt you will ever see a romhack that invovles that because that person that does it must have some hardcore lack of thing to do in his free time. You are even given the chance to rename them when you catch/recieve them. I even doubt a cheatcode will come out for this.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nebz said:
DarkStriker said:
andibad said:
DarkStriker said:

Yes, this is what I meant. Sorry that I wasn't specific enough.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Nebz said:
If so then he should ask for a cheat code. Romhacking a game just to change that involves more time than goign to a name changer to just change your pokemons name. I still dont see the point in having them in caps or not. And i doubt you will ever see a romhack that invovles that because that person that does it must have some hardcore lack of thing to do in his free time. You are even given the chance to rename them when you catch/recieve them. I even doubt a cheatcode will come out for this.
Yes which is why he's asking if there's any hack already out there that he can simply apply. He didn't ask for someone to make one and it's all his own personal preference... obviously he doesn't like a certain aspect of the game and is just seeing if someone might have done something like this before in a previous hack. Yes you can rename your Pokemon but it still doesn't change the way every other Pokemon's name (that isn't yours) looks like. This goes for his own Pokemon, any wild Pokemon encountered, Enemy Trainers, and I'm assuming any other text that mentions a Pokemon.

But as I've said, I haven't experienced anything like this in any hacks besides Jap. to Eng. translations. Those might have been HG/SS and/or B/W. I'm not sure exactly which but I do remember somebody doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1