Hacking Question about Partitioned external HD

chronosvrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hei guys I'm with a little problem, I've a partitioned 500Gb (~465 GiB) HD with this partition table

Primary FAT32 15 GiB | Primary WBFS 150 GiB | Primary 300 GiB NTFS

I've partitioned and format using GParted tool (a Gnome partition tool used by Ubuntu)
WBFS partition works, with no problems at all and wwi starts with HD powered with no problems too (last time i've init de WBFS over a NTFS, big mistake...)
but I still can't make WadManager nor MPlayer_CE recognise the first partition, searching through the forum only find users telling just to make a FAT32 Primary partition as the first and problem solved.

Things i've alredy tried:
1. Installed cIOS USB 2.0 from mplayer_ce site and installed DVDX making use of IOS 202 (MPlayer_ce hangs for a second the returns to menu)
2. Used WadManager 1.3 (gives ERROR ret = -1)
3. Used WadManager 1.4 with changing the IOSes (gives ERROR ret = -1)

There more possible solutions?

My Wii configuration is firmware 3.2u with cIOS 37 rev 9, HBC and Starfall
Thanks for your help

Sorry, but I'm still learning English.

OBS.: I'try to confirm if my external HD had any problems but the wiki is shutdown at this moment.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the rev9 includes the USB stuff so you may have put an older version on your machine when you installed the USB 2.0 cIOS.
You should start by installing rev10

Personally, I had to make my WBFS partition my first partition for it to work so I don't know how yours even works like that.

It shouldn't matter at all but you can also try experimanting by changing which partition is active

chronosvrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo_Chick said:
That's your problem, the external hard drive wasn't invented in 1914.

What was that for? It was a joke? if you don't have anything good to add, just leave the topic alone...

QUOTE(urherenow @ May 6 2009, 04:20 AM) Ok, the rev9 includes the USB stuff so you may have put an older version on your machine when you installed the USB 2.0 cIOS.
You should start by installing rev10

Personally, I had to make my WBFS partition my first partition for it to work so I don't know how yours even works like that.

It shouldn't matter at all but you can also try experimanting by changing which partition is active

I had tested before installs the cIOS USB 2.0, with just bare cIOS rev9 and rev10 (I'v forgotten tha IOS 250 IS cIOS rev10 backup) .
I will give a try on changing the active partition, thanks for the help

if anyone have more suggestions let me know.

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having the same problem, although I'm on rev10.... also can't access USB from emulators.
I have two drives I'm trying this with (not plugged in at same time), one with WBFS partition first, the other with the FAT32 partition first...the only Homebrew app that will recognize is GeeXboX.

Let me know if you figure anything out, and I'll do the same.

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to make some progress, and got more problems as well.
First of all the drive with the Fat32 partition first is the only one that works at all.
Second, Mplayer CE is the only program (other than GeeXbox) that can recognize it, and it does indeed playback at usb2.0.
But after using it a few times, it couldn't find the drive anymore. I switched USB ports (from bottom to top) and it found it again. And then it stopped working again. Now it's come to the point where I notice the drive totally shuts off when CE boots, and I have to replug it in to get it to read... then it reads fine. But it is a rather PITA having to getup every time I want to use Mplayer... the whole point of having the vids on a hard drive is so you don't have to get up to change discs.

Also none of the emulators will read the drive, or FTPii. But I kinda noticed the emulators aren't reading a fat32 drive with 1 partition and nothing else plugged in... so perhaps cIOS 202 messed up the regular USB workings?

edit: I tried using a different brand drive, and it works everytime now..... so I tried plugging the old drive into the new one's cable and it seems to be working now. The first drive still shuts off when CE starts but it goes back on when looking for Wii USB, whereas the second drive just stays on. The first drive worked intermittently at first, so this might not last.

chronosvrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Long time after...
I change my FAT32 (1st partition) to activate, and now it works!!
Well, not all, Wad Manager, HBC 1.0.2+ and some others works
MplayerCE 0.5 still can't work. I knew that I need install DVDx on the usb cIOS, but after update to FW4.0 stopped work, this has no sense, perhaps I deteted something wrong...

Thanks for the help,
Sorry for my english, and by de delayed response

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that