Question about nintendont on injected GC games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CircuitDaemon, Mar 24, 2018.

1. CircuitDaemon
    OP

CircuitDaemon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Hello everyone, I have a question for my specific situation. I've browsed the forum for a while and didn't really find an answer so I'd like to ask.

I have successfully installed several GC games as injected VC on the Wii U menu. When they launch it asks me if I would like to use the gamepad. If I chose yes, then the game launches just fine and I'm able to play it with the gamepad.

AFAIK, this method launches Nintendont before loading the game. I was expecting to be able to use my GC controllers with the official GC to Wii U adapter. I also have one from mayflash and both are supposed to work with nintendont. Unfortunately as soon as I'm inside the game, the only input that will work will be from the gamepad.

After some reading my only guess is that I would have to launch it without gamepad support, but I don't have any wiimotes to do it. Is it possible to get into the games without using gamepad support and not use a wiimote?

I know this works fine for single player and I think it's great being able to use the gamepad, but I'd really like to use the GC controllers for Soul Calibur II or MKDD. SSBM is great too. Has anyone dealt with my situation before?

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted