Hacking Question about my bricked Wii...

VideoGameGodZW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so not to long ago (a week or 2, maybe) I was installing system menu 4.1 which I did successfully. I can't remember if I did this before or after but I also installed CIOSCORP. Anyway, I went into WAD Manager for something (can't remember what) and accidentally uninstalled a system menu IOS file. I cannot remember what system menu IOS file I uninstalled but it obviously wasn't good. Now when I turn my Wii on the LED on the system turns green but there is no display on my TV at all. I would assume this is because I uninstalled the system IOS menu file. The thing that I find odd though is that I have Preloader installed but that doesn't even show up.

I just want to know if there is anything at all that I can do to fix my Wii. Sending it to Nintendo is an absolute last resort to me.

Also, I was reading about an application called Betwiin and was wondering if that could help in any way. I already have a copy of the NAND of a working Wii but not of my bricked Wii.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You uninstalled ios60
2) Preloader runs on ios60
3) Unless you have bootmii, you got butt f*****. Send it to Nintendo if you're under warrenty, they'll give you a refurb.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U probably unistalled tthe ios preloader was running off of. Do u have bootmii on ur wii as boot 2. If not the NAND is no good. I think ull have send it to ninty cuz I don't think a modchip or savemiifri will help as ur ios are probably don't have trucha bug

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nope, you most likely uninstalled IOS60, which is where preloader resides and system menu 4.1 runs off of. you screwed yourself hard. i dont know about that program but i doubt it can help

VideoGameGodZW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like I'm out of luck because I don't have bootmii installed...

At least I have access to another Wii.

But it still sucks that I lost all of my saves and stuff.

Thanks for the help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked