Hacking question about music games?

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay.. i might go to gamecrazy and buy a guitar grip but only if it works with acekard 2.. i used to have the guitar hero bundle, but i sold it..

but first...

1. is there any incompatability issues? i plan on finishing all guitar heroes, and some others like rock band and maybe band hero..

2. what accessory does lego rock band require? band hero?

3. is there a list for all music games on the ds? (only looking for quality ones)

thanx guys!

also, i need a new stylus, does gamecrazy sell them cheap?

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.. a little more info;

i searched on google and on youtube but the only one that shows up is ak2i or dsi, and i have neither.. i have a ds lite, and acekard 2, not 2i... any help is greatly appreciated!! im just holding out till i get an answer so i can go to gamecrazy, so kind of in a hurry

rockraven500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure how different the AK2 and AK2i are, but I think it's just the fact that the 2i is for DSi

Here's a list of rhythm/music games:

Lego Rock Band
QUOTE said:
Rock Band makes its way into the Lego universe in Lego Rock Band. You Play the Game with the buttons. Left green, Up red, X yellow and A blue I'd assume.

Band Hero
QUOTE said:
Band Hero brings guitar, drums, and vocals to the DS Lite. This needs the guitar grip, there's also a "Drum Grip" which covers the Dpad and Action pad creating four drums, and i think the shoulders are kick pedals. The Mic is built in, but you knew that.

Guitar Hero On Tour
QUOTE said:
Guitar Hero brings rhythm-based rocking to the DS, complete with the Guitar Grip peripheral and DS microphone integration. There's also Decades and Modern Hits

Rhythm Heaven: QUOTEIf you can snap your fingers in time to music, you're ready to play this simple but infectious rhythm game. Just tap your stylus on the touch screen to the beat of the music.

Elite Beat Agents: QUOTE
In Elite Beat Agents you must time your marker hits to correspond with the timing cycle to build up combos.

I just tested me Acekard 2i with a Flashed update for the DSi's 1.4 firmware and AKAIO, It doesn't work, but that might be because my card's specs are quiet different. I suggest you download your rom, I can't give you a link or anything, it's against forum rules. Download your rom when you find it, try and play it without buying the guitar grip, if it says "You can't rock without a Guitar Herotm Guitar Griptm! Turn off the power and tnsert the Guitar Grip." Then your in luck, go buy your grip. If it give you a hung white screen, like me, or a black one, you can't play. And if Lego Rock Band works when it comes out, you don't need and type of grip, play on. The Acekard 2 does infact read the grip, there are homebrews with a grip feature, it's the game trys to detect the grip and can't because of the card, there might be a rom hack that enables the game to load properly, but i haven't seen it yet.

rockraven500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I just tried it again, white screen, but I ejected the grip durring the freeze and I told me i was "rocking too hard" which means, it can find the grip. It's an anti-piracy problem, but once again, I can't say I know a way around it, I my self am a noob aswell.

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockraven500 said:
I just tested me Acekard 2i with a Flashed update for the DSi's 1.4 firmware and AKAIO, It doesn't work, but that might be because my card's specs are quiet different. I suggest you download your rom, I can't give you a link or anything, it's against forum rules. Download your rom when you find it, try and play it without buying the guitar grip, if it says "You can't rock without a Guitar Herotm Guitar Griptm! Turn off the power and tnsert the Guitar Grip." Then your in luck, go buy your grip. If it give you a hung white screen, like me, or a black one, you can't play. And if Lego Rock Band works when it comes out, you don't need and type of grip, play on. The Acekard 2 does infact read the grip, there are homebrews with a grip feature, it's the game trys to detect the grip and can't because of the card, there might be a rom hack that enables the game to load properly, but i haven't seen it yet.

Ok, I have a ds lite... And I'm not too sure on nintendo firmware but I think it's the one that came out that didn't give piracy a hard time.. (since it's a ds lite and a couple months ol, though I'm a noob and barely know what I'm sayin
smile.gif
)

ok, I have downloaded guitar hero on tour decades, and guitar hero modern hits, and they're in my acekard, but I haven't played them due to not having a grip! But I'm gonna go test them out right now.. (also, I hear of 3 cheat databases or something that allowed you to bypass the guitar grip and let you play with buttons!? (not that I want too, as I plan on playing on hard, and buttons aren't that good, lol) anyways, is it illegal to ask a link for that? If it is, then just tell me, and I'll find it myself.,.

Ok.. So, if it says that I need a grip.. It means that I can go buy one, right? And if it freezes, and hives me a black or white screen, it means that it has some anti piracy that won't let me play, right?

Ok, and one last thing, do you know how much the grip is in gamecrazy? I'm kind of broke, and don't want to go buy an accessory that won't work and will just stay in my desk!! Lol,.

rockraven500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, when I told you about the DSi's firmware version, I was only talking about the Acekard's specs, nothing to do with your DS Lite, but it might have affected the way my DSi and AK2i load the game.

Once again, just run the game, if it tells you to plug in your guitar grip, then buy your grip. I've never heard of a store called GameCrazy and that's most likely cause I live in Canada. And besides that I don't think you can buy Guitar Grips on their own.

I've heard of that cheat, but I'm pretty sure its not a cheat, it's a rom hack where you alter the game itself. And no, I can't link you.

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I figured that ebgames would have it for cheap standalone.. But if they don't I guess I'll just buy it on amazon..

Also, yeah I think gamecrazy is only in US, and the only by me closed down.. Lol so I was gonna take advantage of the 50% off liquidation sale!

I ran both decades and modern hits and it told me to insert a grip.. So I guess I'm good to go, just wish that it wasn't friday so I could order and get the grip faster..

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juanramoz said:
okay.. i might go to gamecrazy and buy a guitar grip but only if it works with acekard 2.. i used to have the guitar hero bundle, but i sold it..

but first...

1. is there any incompatability issues? i plan on finishing all guitar heroes, and some others like rock band and maybe band hero..

2. what accessory does lego rock band require? band hero?

3. is there a list for all music games on the ds? (only looking for quality ones)

thanx guys!

also, i need a new stylus, does gamecrazy sell them cheap?
lot of junk in this thread ...

1, no. if you can buy the grip then it should work fine with ak2.
if you cant find a 3rd party one instore then try dealextreme.

2, lego - nothing
band hero - only need grip for guitar/bass, drum accessory is optional - plays like lego without it.

3, try a random games site like ign and sort by genre - basically the main are listed above but with stuff like ouendan 1+2, Daigasso! Band Brothers, Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7tsu no Shima no Daibouken (drumming) missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1