Hacking Question about memory sticks

bradwiggo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a second hand PSP 1004 that came with a 2GB memory stick, but I want to play quite a few games that are about 1GB each. Here is my question:

Can I swap out the memory cards, and have game 1 and 2 on the first one and games 3 and 4 on the second, and just swap them? Will I need to reinstall the OS on each one?

Also, I have no idea what type of card to buy, there are ones like this: ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-SD-TF-To-Pro-Duo-Memory-Stick-Adapter-for-PSP-1003-1004/162727335842?epid=1140114064&hash=item25e34e17a2:g:haQAAOSwldRZ8wVM
Ones like this: ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-SD-TF-to-Memory-Stick-MS-Pro-Duo-PSP-Card-Dual-2-Slot-Adapter-Converter-uk/253594806080?epid=524676286&hash=item3b0b6da740:g:5OwAAOSw0Lha56l6
And ones like this: ebay.co.uk/itm/16GB-MICRO-SD-CARD-MICRO-SD-TO-MEMORY-STICK-PRO-DUO-ADAPTER-FOR-PSP-CYBERSHOT/392040609578?hash=item5b4770f72a:g:-KsAAOSw3UZa2v64

And I'm not sure which one is best or if any of them are good.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have multiple memory sticks. The os is right on the Psp, not the memory card. I’d stay away from the microsd adapters. They are flimsy and can be unreliable. I had a dual microsd card adapter. Maybe the single slot microsd adapters are better?

bradwiggo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can have multiple memory sticks. The os is right on the Psp, not the memory card. I’d stay away from the microsd adapters. They are flimsy and can be unreliable. I had a dual microsd card adapter. Maybe the single slot microsd adapters are better?
By unreliable, do you mean they could break the PSP, or they could just break themselves? Does the fact that my PSP is hacked make a difference here?

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I've used a dual MicroSD card adapter in my PSP for years and haven't had a single problem with it. It's still going strong even today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.