Hacking Question about Luma/corrupt sd card...

AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i used Plailect's guide for installing CFW/Luma on N3DS 11.2, followed all steps to the letter, and it all installed perfectly.
Immediately afterward, first thing i did was install freeShop, which also installed successfully, except i had the wrong encTitlekeys.bin.
After downloading the correct .bin,
I removed the sd card, inserted it into my pc and discovered it was corrupt. The 3DS can no longer read the card either. The 3DS is fine, just no more CFW (FBI, homebrew launcher, freeShop, all gone).

My questions are:

1) did i remove the sd card incorrectly, causing the corruption? Or was it nothing i could have avoided, just luck?

2) from what i understand, i can just copy certain folders back onto the SD card and it'll all work as it should... which folders should I copy? Which folders was i supposed to delete anyway?
I do still have my nand back ups, and console OTP on my pc.

Im a complete noob at all of this. I can follow a well written guide and make stuff happen, but i have no idea what a nand or .bin does, so any help to better understand is appreciated.

Thanks

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Only if you removed your SD card while your DS was on, it CAN corrupt it.
2. You can just copy the contents to a new SD card and everything will be as it was (You will have to reinstall games unless you have a NAND backup w/A9LH that has your installs)
3. The guide gives you a list of the files you need to keep, you can pretty much delete everything else besides the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Bins are binary files, or compressed executable programs. (Like your 3DS' OS)

Reactions: AgentAntz

AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Only if you removed your SD card while your DS was on, it CAN corrupt it.
2. You can just copy the contents to a new SD card and everything will be as it was (You will have to reinstall games unless you have a NAND backup w/A9LH that has your installs)
3. The guide gives you a list of the files you need to keep, you can pretty much delete everything else besides the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Bins are binary files, or compressed executable programs. (Like your 3DS' OS)

Thanks for the insight... ill start retracing my steps using the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup