Question about lack of backup

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kennerc, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Kennerc
    OP

Kennerc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    Brazil
    Hi guys, I bought a 3ds on 9.2 and made all the a9hl + luma process.

My SD reader on the PC is faulty, luckily, the 3ds didn’t bricked. I was using a Portuguese guide, I made every possible backup, including the 9.2 Sysnand, but due to my card reader the only backup that I have is the OTP.BIN (again luckily as I think this one is the most important), after the process the guide told me to update, I update sysnand to 11.0. I can install and play .cia, so I believe the hack was a success, but can I have problems for not having a 9.2 sysnandbackup?

Any benefits in making an 11.0 backup? If yes how could I do it.

In addition, the guide resulted in the a9hl version that works without the SD card, if I start the 3ds without SD and update, will I lose the A9 protection?

Here is the guide for Portuguese speakers to check: http://gil-pl.blogspot.com.br/p/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo_18.html

2. TechyTurtle

TechyTurtle GBAtemp Fan

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    MY ASS!
    first off Idk why you update a 3ds without sd and while its good to have a 9.2 sys nand backup that if you brick so just don't do anything stupid

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice