Hardware Question about joycon PCB and battery test pad

coppertj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm currently in the process of researching placing a trinket m0 inside the joycon with magnahax to make a all in one universal rcm payload dongle jig. In other words, if you put a magnet up to it and plug the trinket to the console, it will boot to rcm while holding + and instantly boot to hekate.

My method would have both reed switches being wrapped together so when toggled, it triggers both the trinket M0 power and shorts the two pins for rcm.

This is all fine and all however, some of the joycon pcb test points are not described in much detail, one of these test points is VBAT (this is the test point named in dekuNukem's switch reverse engineer write up ).

Is VBAT a test point for a direct connection to the battery (3 volts / 5 volts when charging)?

Last edited by coppertj,

coppertj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump I did a lot of research I determined that BAT pad on the trinket will regulate the voltage if the switch starts charging the battery however, I do not want to splice into the physical battery cable. Does the VBAT test spot on the joycon PCB have a direct connection to the battery's 3v or is it the operating voltage of 1.8v I do not have a multimeter to test but I have everything else I need for this.

Edit: Will post final update when done however, I kind of broke my original grey joycon :creep:. Ribbon cable wouldn't snap back in, I probably could have hotglued it in place but I was done at that point and essentially I just had a expensive rcm jig (equivalently I could have ordered the slide connector on ebay for 19.99 and 3d print a case which would complete my all in one rcm/fusee gelee dongle.) Alternatively I could just gut the pcbs inside my other joycon and replace with the trinket. Currently i'm bouncing back and forth the idea of either using the joycon's original 3.7 volt battery to power the trinket with a battery protection circuit or using coin cells (have joycon snap open and close to replace.)

I bought a green joycon it looks pretty snazzy.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by coppertj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)