The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a LCD FullHD Bravia (Sony) TV, which supports 1080p and 4 hdmi ports.

Now, I wanted to connect the TV with my PC (which has 1 hadmi port) using an hdmi cable.

The problem is that the image doesnt appear on the TV. If I use a VGA cable (for normal PC monitors), it displays just fine but I get no sound.

How can I make my PC appear in the TV screen (as a monitor replacement) with the HDMI connection?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
First I'll answer the easy bit: VGA. VGA only contains video output. To get sound, you need to connect your sound card to the TV (usually using a mini-jack to mini-jack cable, but sometimes you can use RCA or optical cables, depending on the sound card).

For HDMI, it won't display unless it can "negotiate" with the TV. Normally this is done automatically - you connect it, the TV will tell the computer its name and what resolutions it supports, and the computer will try and output at the TVs native resolution. Sometimes this negotiation fails and you don't see anything. Typically, just unplugging it and plugging it back in will fix that. If it doesn't, then that's where having a secondary monitor helps.

For reference, DVI and HDMI are virtually the same types of connections, so many graphics cards will come with a DVI -> HDMI adaptor. If the HDMI port isn't working, consider trying one of those adaptors.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) With the TV turned on and set to the correct HDMI, does the BIOS information and windows loading information get displayed, but not after?
- If so, maybe the screen resolution or refresh rate once in windows is too much for the TV?

2) Have you tried a dual monitor setup, regular monitor on VGA, TV on HDMI?
- for some odd reason, the HDMI output might be shut off, and that should force the display. The regular monitor also allows you to see if the comp recognizes the TV on HDMI, since you should be able to see the connected monitors on the display settings control panel.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the VGA on the motherboard?

Is the HDMI on the motherboard or on a graphics card?
If its on the graphics card you might have to change the video settings in the BIOS.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to use the software that came with your gfx card to initialize the connection
it will not show up just by plugging the cable in

27431375.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality