Question about future updates with A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nickwhit, Mar 17, 2016.

1. nickwhit
    OP

nickwhit GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Now that I have my o3DS on 10.7 sysnand with A9LH (no emunand).. along with the spoofed regionfree patched home..

What are my options for when future system updates roll out? With my old emunand I would just update it with no worries for the most part knowing my sysnand was never being touched. But now its all I have. Is avoiding updates my only option?

Id rather not wipe my card just to create a new emunand to use like I did my old sysnand. The removal of emunand from my SD was a main reason for the upgrade to A9LH.

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    If you're using AuReiNAND, you're set, just update normally.

If you're on CakesFW, make sure you've got FIRM write protection enabled, and then you're set.

Raylight and nickwhit like this.
  3. nickwhit
    OP

nickwhit GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Sweet. Thanks for the info :)
    I do remember that step of the process.. I originally setup with Cakes then later switched to ReiN.
    I was just worried cause before now I always used rxTools.. and just checked here before updating that. Though I suppose thats still always a good idea lol

4. Fureshyu

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    @astronautlevel Sorry this is off topic but how can I boot into sysnand? I've been trying to ask in the Aureinand forum but no one is answering. I'm pressing L or R into boot and it just brings me to emunand. I'm using arm9select w Fix94's fork. I have both firmware.bin files so what am I doing wrong?

5. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Pressing L + R will boot a seconary arm9 payload. You'll need to create an empty "updatedsysnand" file in your /rei/ folder :)

6. Fureshyu

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Doesn't the updatedsysnand file make it boot directly into sysnand? I just want the option to be able to boot into sysnand. Also if I were to do that would the extention be .txt?

7. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Ah, sorry. Misunderstood what you wanted. There should be NO file extension. Also, press L ONLY to boot SysNAND.

8. Fureshyu

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    When I press L it doesn't boot into anything except emunand.