Hacking Question about Emunand flashing

Nintenga4852

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard from someone that you can flash your emunand from Gateway to the 3DS if you hard modded it for NAND backups. Does this actually do anything worthwhile, or is this one of those "delete sys32" trolls?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes you can do that
doesn't make much sense in most cases, but can be quite handy in some scenarios
let's just say for example Big Bad Ninty releases a new firmware with new encryption and gateway would take months to fix that again, you could take your emuNAND, flash it to sysNAND, further update the sysNAND to latest firmware, access eshop, buy games from eshop, play them on latest sysNAND and when you want to play a rom again, you flash 4.x back, launch gateway mode with old emuNAND backup, play your games and switch back and forth, flash on your sysNAND whatever you desire right now and when at some point gateway releases a new firmware, you can just go back to the old 4.x sysNAND and whatever version emuNAND
with a hardmod you can do lots of nice things ^_^

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can do that
doesn't make much sense in most cases, but can be quite handy in some scenarios
let's just say for example Big Bad Ninty releases a new firmware with new encryption and gateway would take months to fix that again, you could take your emuNAND, flash it to sysNAND, further update the sysNAND to latest firmware, access eshop, buy games from eshop, play them on latest sysNAND and when you want to play a rom again, you flash 4.x back, launch gateway mode with old emuNAND backup, play your games and switch back and forth, flash on your sysNAND whatever you desire right now and when at some point gateway releases a new firmware, you can just go back to the old 4.x sysNAND and whatever version emuNAND
with a hardmod you can do lots of nice things ^_^
Pretty much this. I'd like the hardmod done just for this

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds confusing, seems better to just to keep your 4.x NAND safe somewhere.

and I even simplified it... I didn't even mention how many backups you have to keep and organize, so you don't loose your legitimate eshop downloads :P
but yeah, if you can organize a little bit, then having such a mod is a nice thing in case of new unsupported updates or for bricks and many other stuff
basically the best part about it is, that with 1 3DS hardmodded you can have an unmoddified up to date sysNAND 3DS and a modded 4.5 sysNAND gateway 3DS with recent emuNAND firmware at the same time, by managing your NAND backups and reflashing them according to your needs

being the lazy ass, that I am, I just have 2 3DSXLs though lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom