Question about Emunand flashing

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nintenga4852, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Nintenga4852
    OP

Nintenga4852 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2007
    United States
    I heard from someone that you can flash your emunand from Gateway to the 3DS if you hard modded it for NAND backups. Does this actually do anything worthwhile, or is this one of those "delete sys32" trolls?

2. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    It's true from what I have read.

3. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    yes you can do that
    doesn't make much sense in most cases, but can be quite handy in some scenarios
    let's just say for example Big Bad Ninty releases a new firmware with new encryption and gateway would take months to fix that again, you could take your emuNAND, flash it to sysNAND, further update the sysNAND to latest firmware, access eshop, buy games from eshop, play them on latest sysNAND and when you want to play a rom again, you flash 4.x back, launch gateway mode with old emuNAND backup, play your games and switch back and forth, flash on your sysNAND whatever you desire right now and when at some point gateway releases a new firmware, you can just go back to the old 4.x sysNAND and whatever version emuNAND
    with a hardmod you can do lots of nice things ^_^

4. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Pretty much this. I'd like the hardmod done just for this

5. Nintenga4852
    OP

Nintenga4852 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2007
    United States
    Sounds confusing, seems better to just to keep your 4.x NAND safe somewhere.

6. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    and I even simplified it... I didn't even mention how many backups you have to keep and organize, so you don't loose your legitimate eshop downloads :P
    but yeah, if you can organize a little bit, then having such a mod is a nice thing in case of new unsupported updates or for bricks and many other stuff
    basically the best part about it is, that with 1 3DS hardmodded you can have an unmoddified up to date sysNAND 3DS and a modded 4.5 sysNAND gateway 3DS with recent emuNAND firmware at the same time, by managing your NAND backups and reflashing them according to your needs

being the lazy ass, that I am, I just have 2 3DSXLs though lol

7. Nintenga4852
    OP

Nintenga4852 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, that's me, I just bought a "partner" for my 3DS to do just that.