Hacking Question about dumping game cart with GM9

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When I select a gamecart and build a .cia of it to 0:/gm9out, can I install the .cia file that is created, or does it have to be decrypted/encrypted or do I have to have some titlekey or what?

Thanks

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Decrypting a CIA is what scene call "Cryptofix" release, you can install it on older FW without update it. (if i'm not mistaken)
you are mistaken. the games are ancrypted with the arm9 aes keys so that noone can dissassemble the file files for things like rom jacking or getting the bgm/models whatever decryption means decrypting the encryoted file using the arm9 bootroms aes keys and make it extractable.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also don't forget they are encrypted to force a system to have it's firmware updated to help prevent piracy. New system firmware has the key to decrypt the rom/cart to play newer games.
Also correct me if i'm wrong but citra now supports encrypted CIA's? I know in the past you needed to decrypt or download a decrypted ROM to play it with citra.
PS sky3ds requires the .3ds files to be encrypted.

Reactions: fenderjaguar

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you are mistaken. the games are ancrypted with the arm9 aes keys so that noone can dissassemble the file files for things like rom jacking or getting the bgm/models whatever decryption means decrypting the encryoted file using the arm9 bootroms aes keys and make it extractable.
thx for the explanation :)

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also don't forget they are encrypted to force a system to have it's firmware updated to help prevent piracy. New system firmware has the key to decrypt the rom/cart to play newer games.
Also correct me if i'm wrong but citra now supports encrypted CIA's? I know in the past you needed to decrypt or download a decrypted ROM to play it with citra.
PS sky3ds requires the .3ds files to be encrypted.
well since boot9 is public, decryption can be implemented in citra using the encryption keys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-