Homebrew Question about DSi vs DS GBA capabilities

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I was just looking at this list and something occurred to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS#3DS_vs_DS_Series The DSi has 133 Mhz on one of its CPU, double that of DS Lite and DS' 67 Mhz. As I've seen, it is possible to emulate GBA with a flashcart like iPlayer or DSTWO thanks to the extra CPU power.

As far as I know no flashcart or homebrew can use the DSi's extra features, including the extra 66Mhz processing power. But if they did, wouldn't it be possible to emulate GBA without the need of an onboard flashcart CPU?

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that it can emulate because it has 16 mb ram.
The psp has 32 mb ram and it can emulate the ds.
So why it can't emulate i don't know
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
I was just looking at this list and something occurred to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS#3DS_vs_DS_Series The DSi has 133 Mhz on one of its CPU, double that of DS Lite and DS' 67 Mhz. As I've seen, it is possible to emulate GBA with a flashcart like iPlayer or DSTWO thanks to the extra CPU power.

As far as I know no flashcart or homebrew can use the DSi's extra features, including the extra 66Mhz processing power. But if they did, wouldn't it be possible to emulate GBA without the need of an onboard flashcart CPU?
It MAY be possible (and I have asked the same thing, but people jump and say "NO!!!!" without even bother to read the question).
From what I'm to understand, the SuperCard DSTwo has two CPUs that match the DS', which to my understanding multi-core or multi-processor speed is NOT additive (i.e. NOT 66MHz + 66MHz = 132MHz) and ends up being lower (i.e. 66MHz + 66MHz is closer to a single 100MHz CPU).
That said I think it would be likely that it's possible, but the problem would be finding a way to code or port the GBA emulator to the DSi and finding a way to get it to run -- currently there is a limit to how much code can be injected (61KB) which limits the usability of the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse