Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello everyone
i just learned that rednand has been released and i have few question about it
1)if i install it, is it like on 3ds, that i will be able to update after and still benefit of exploits?
of course, i mean when a wii u update will get released, so i meant, could i remove the dns setting safely?
2)is it going to be like on 3ds, that ill be able to boot some kind of menu by booting the console while pressing a specific button?
3)what else can i do with that cfw?
4)can you please send me link to tutorial on how to install it? i think ill be able to manage by myself with them, however :
5) is there a high risk of bricking if i make a very little mistake during the tutorial?

thanks a lot

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to do and I think the risk is very minimal.

You should block updates at your router or something.

How I have mine set up if I want to add games or do something I go to the exploit page, then load up some homebrew for installing games other than that you can just load games like normal.

With rednand installed and nothing else you can just load games installed to a usb hard drive.

If all you do is rednand it's pretty safe but your limited to playing games that Nintendo blessed to be ran from USB? I haven't had any luck installing to the system which opens up a bit more games. I believe you can also do that but I would need to install a Sig patched something or other and do more.

Zonse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello everyone
i just learned that rednand has been released and i have few question about it
1)if i install it, is it like on 3ds, that i will be able to update after and still benefit of exploits?
of course, i mean when a wii u update will get released, so i meant, could i remove the dns setting safely?
2)is it going to be like on 3ds, that ill be able to boot some kind of menu by booting the console while pressing a specific button?
3)what else can i do with that cfw?
4)can you please send me link to tutorial on how to install it? i think ill be able to manage by myself with them, however :
5) is there a high risk of bricking if i make a very little mistake during the tutorial?

thanks a lot

1) If you're using redNAND, then it should be noted that updating either the sysNAND or redNAND will BRICK the redNAND. I only know this because multiple people have mentioned it. Just use the dns settings until someone finds a way to prevent updates a different way.

2) It isn't like the 3ds or wii currently. If something happens and you end up with a brick, there are no boot-options available at the moment to save you.

3) using cfw, you can install unsigned games directly to the NAND or USB drive, even without redNAND. A coldboot into a sigpatched cfw IS currently possible, but extremely risky, so don't try it if you don't know what you're doing. Also, the coldboot method currently more than doubles the initial boot time. Personally I would just stick to the Brazilian method to install disc-based wii u games since they do not require sig-patching, and use the cfw method to install anything else. That way all you need to do is run the cfw whenever you wish to play sig-patched games.

4) The best advice I can give right now is to use vickdu31's Haxchi Installer (http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-haxchi-installer-1-1-noob-friendly.448890/). It will change a DS virtual console game into a homebrew launcher, with multiple other options available as well. Very noob friendly.

5) There will always be a risk of bricking. If you're THAT concerned about it, I'd say use redNAND for any mods/hacks you want to try. You can set up the Haxchi installer to boot redNAND instead of the homebrew launcher if you want an easy method to load it up.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) If you're using redNAND, then it should be noted that updating either the sysNAND or redNAND will BRICK the redNAND. I only know this because multiple people have mentioned it. Just use the dns settings until someone finds a way to prevent updates a different way.

2) It isn't like the 3ds or wii currently. If something happens and you end up with a brick, there are no boot-options available at the moment to save you.

3) using cfw, you can install unsigned games directly to the NAND or USB drive, even without redNAND. A coldboot into a sigpatched cfw IS currently possible, but extremely risky, so don't try it if you don't know what you're doing. Also, the coldboot method currently more than doubles the initial boot time. Personally I would just stick to the Brazilian method to install disc-based wii u games since they do not require sig-patching, and use the cfw method to install anything else. That way all you need to do is run the cfw whenever you wish to play sig-patched games.

4) The best advice I can give right now is to use vickdu31's Haxchi Installer (http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-haxchi-installer-1-1-noob-friendly.448890/). It will change a DS virtual console game into a homebrew launcher, with multiple other options available as well. Very noob friendly.

5) There will always be a risk of bricking. If you're THAT concerned about it, I'd say use redNAND for any mods/hacks you want to try. You can set up the Haxchi installer to boot redNAND instead of the homebrew launcher if you want an easy method to load it up.
alright thanks, but I'm already at my first problem
it says i need fw.img, where do i get it?
I though it was that otp thing, but no, nothing got printed on my sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-