Hacking Question about 5.01

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qwertyuiop said on twitter that he claimed victory in firmware 5.00. any chance that bug/exploit will roll over and work on 5.01? I was unaware that there was a community around the PS4 and jailbreaking. So I updated to get some fortnite action rolling. It used to be on 4.76 before I updated and it kept nagging me to update. Also. I only purchased the (old. Phat) PS4 not too long ago. A couple of weeks ago.

I got kinda curious because I have hacked consoles in the past. (PSP, Wii). And now I research and come across that news. Wonderful. Any thoughts?

ScienceBETCH

GBATemp's probably not Official Tom-Zero™ Main
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
We don't even now if qwertyuiop is going to release his exploits or not
To answer your question, sony probably patched it

Reactions: PotatisKnug

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If it was patched. He said he'll release something (That's what I recall according to tweets) he also claimed victory on 4.55 or lower, can't remember. But I just need some sort of clarification if it'll work on 5.01. I read on Reddit that it wasn't patched and it will indeed work. I don't know who to trust at this point. Would kinda suck to have no jailbreak on this fw and see people having a blast on lower fw's.. Surely it can be ported. But that's just my way of thinking I guess.

Last edited by Shah Isah,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
If it was patched. He said he'll release something

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You ain't seeing nothing from him bar tweets. Enjoy your machine as it is, hacks will be released just before the PS5 drops and all you'll be getting is piracy and maybe a crappy unoptimzed retroarse port, buhleevedat!*

*Source

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not fond of piracy but that's part of the jailbreak package. I just wanna play some emulators bruh. Original PSP Homebrew was ported over to the ps vita and it ran like a champ. I wanna play some Mario and what not on this guy. I'm sure Retroarch isn't the only emulator around. There's Snes9x (can't remember the rest) would be cool to play my childhood games on the big screen. I'm praying hard now my boi that it's legit.

Would be cool if PS3 Homebrew was ported over to PS4 ;D

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://twitter.com/m0rph3us1987/status/926743066785939456 Hmm. Did more digging. Looks like a possibility. Looks like I'm not left out in the cold breeze. Never updating again lol unless advised to by a Dev with high rep. All the latest titles require 5.01 as it's the latest as of right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a feeling that the PS4 scene will end up like 3ds and Wii u where you need to trigger the entry point. Not sure how Wii u works but on the 3ds for piracy. You gotta trigger an exploit in the browser. Only then will you have access to such things like rxtools (3ds cfw) until a coldboot method is found.

In theory. To run games. You load the exploit to load into a temporary firmware state to load games. 3ds has that covered with menuhax and whatever else..

Last edited by Shah Isah,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As long as tools such as Save Wizard work on the latest version of PS4 firmware, there's a (private) kernel exploit available. (They need that to get the crypto key and debugging games to make cheats.) So yes 5.01 is exploitable.

But you can assume non will be released (from anyone) because it's PS4 scene, not Nintendo.

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, I'll just use my PS4 but I won't be updating any further from 5.01 if any of the news announced is real. But who knows. A miracle might happen..

Mimikyuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hello guys,i am totally new to PS4 and just want to know what are the benefits of the jailbreak and how to do it exactly and what are the set backs?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of exploits, I would just like to be able to run trainers or some way to run/apply cheats for "Single Player/Offline" games, such as Horizon Zero Dawn. If just that was possible, I would be happy. lol. But I also would like a way to play games without a disc, right from the hard drive. It would be like backing them up, and playing from the internal hard drive or an external drive.

I don't know if this is already possible since I just got into the PS4 modding scene (I just bought a PS4), but I would like to upgrade the PS4 Hard Drive with any PC Hard Drive. I would like to upgrade my 1TB PS4 hard drive with a 6TB if I could. lol. I would just buy a 6TB from Newegg and install it. If there was a way to do it of course. I know past consoles didn't allow you to do that, such as the Xbox 360, not without modifying the hard drive partitions or something like that, and spoofing the drive.

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In terms of exploits, I would just like to be able to run trainers or some way to run/apply cheats for "Single Player/Offline" games, such as Horizon Zero Dawn. If just that was possible, I would be happy. lol. But I also would like a way to play games without a disc, right from the hard drive. It would be like backing them up, and playing from the internal hard drive or an external drive.

I don't know if this is already possible since I just got into the PS4 modding scene (I just bought a PS4), but I would like to upgrade the PS4 Hard Drive with any PC Hard Drive. I would like to upgrade my 1TB PS4 hard drive with a 6TB if I could. lol. I would just buy a 6TB from Newegg and install it. If there was a way to do it of course. I know past consoles didn't allow you to do that, such as the Xbox 360, not without modifying the hard drive partitions or something like that, and spoofing the drive.

For cheats. You just gotta wait till a jailbreak/exploit lands. To play games off of Hdd with no disc. That's what jailbreak achieves. And as for upgrading the Hdd. It's perfectly possible. You need an ssd. It can be as big as you wish but just remember that after installation. You gotta reload it with the ps4 software. Hope I helped here xD

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're limited to about 9mm when it comes to 2.5" HDD height. I think at the moment that means 2TB as the bigger ones seem to be 15mm. If you have a non-slim PS4 then that limitation can be avoided with an ugly data bank that allows the use of 3.5" drives upto 8TB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: