Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm on 4.4.0-10U, and I keep getting the nag screen about every 24 hours, which isn't really a bother to me to hit cancel, and OK. But finding the download on SD and deleting it rather than formatting my SD would be a more ideal option... I too, am holding off on updates in wait of 3DS liberation. I stayed on 3.15 on my PS3 up until a hacked 3.55 brought back OtherOS++. I by waiting on a hack to be released for my PS3, I really didn't miss a thing. I don't use PSN, and I don't use the Nintendo eShop. Nothing of value is lost. ^_^

Bad news. Update is not stored on SD, and It asked me again do I want to start updating :(
I guess I will be destend to click B and then A for the rest of my life, or meybe hack will one day delete that

Reactions: JayRo

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not 100% sure but maybe you can completely format the sd card and system memory of the 3ds and make it so it will not say that message anymore. If you don't use eshop you wont have save data so you really wouldn't lose anything, except maybe your mii and progress on some of the built-in apps/games

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad news. Update is not stored on SD, and It asked me again do I want to start updating :(
I guess I will be destend to click B and then A for the rest of my life, or meybe hack will one day delete that
Your 3DS is essentially a brick if you don't update. You won't be able to play any new games, buy things from the eShop or do anything without worrying about confirming the update message. If you want to go through with this there really isn't any other alternative than simply getting another 3DS.

You complain about region lock when by the looks of things most important games are very likely to get western releases, if not from the original devs Nintendo themselves has said that they'll do it. But if you understand Japanese then I don't see what's stopping you from importing a Japanese 3DS already.
The probability of there being a hack made public within the next 2-3 years that actually take advantage of this firmware version is extremely slim. I have my original 3DS on pre 5.0 just in case, but unlike you it doesn't bother me at all as I play new games on my XL instead.

The firmware is never downloaded to the SD, the reseason you didn't get the message a few times is because it pops up whenever it feels like it.

Reactions: Presto99

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm sorry, but you're being dumb. Buy a JP 3DS, wait 3+ years, I don't care. Just stop complaining.
The fact that I can't even downvote you makes me sad.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am not 100% sure but maybe you can completely format the sd card and system memory of the 3ds and make it so it will not say that message anymore. If you don't use eshop you wont have save data so you really wouldn't lose anything, except maybe your mii and progress on some of the built-in apps/games

Thanks, I formated my 3DS completly.

Your 3DS is essentially a brick if you don't update. You won't be able to play any new games, buy things from the eShop or do anything without worrying about confirming the update message. If you want to go through with this there really isn't any other alternative than simply getting another 3DS.

You complain about region lock when by the looks of things most important games are very likely to get western releases, if not from the original devs Nintendo themselves has said that they'll do it. But if you understand Japanese then I don't see what's stopping you from importing a Japanese 3DS already.
The probability of there being a hack made public within the next 2-3 years that actually take advantage of this firmware version is extremely slim. I have my original 3DS on pre 5.0 just in case, but unlike you it doesn't bother me at all as I play new games on my XL instead.

The firmware is never downloaded to the SD, the reseason you didn't get the message a few times is because it pops up whenever it feels like it.

I don't care about western releases because take a Kid Icarus fore example. Horrible voice acting.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but you're being dumb. Buy a JP 3DS, wait 3+ years, I don't care. Just stop complaining.
The fact that I can't even downvote you makes me sad.

Not everyone has a money for second 3DS. I originaly wanted to buy Japanese 3DS but I didn't because of Skylanders

Bottom line, this issue has been resolved since I formated 3DS system. Now to wait long period for hack...

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I formated my 3DS completly.

I don't care about western releases because take a Kid Icarus fore example. Horrible voice acting.

Not everyone has a money for second 3DS. I originaly wanted to buy Japanese 3DS but I didn't because of Skylanders

Bottom line, this issue has been resolved since I formated 3DS system. Now to wait long period for hack...
Then shut up and stop complaining so much about it, if you don't like translations at all and knew you would complain so much about it then you really have no clue how to prioritize things, assuming you know enough Kanji and Japanese in the first place. The chances of a region unlock hack are practically non existent.

And about KI.
I can understand that you may not like the humor etc. but the VA itself has factually a lot of effort put into it, as a result it came out just as professionally as with any other VA in English media. The VA wasn't bad, it's you who just don't seem to like English voice acting at all
Shit, I can understand why someone would want it in Japanese, but for other reasons entirely than the VA quality as it's as good as it can be. In any case unless you're fluent in Japanese you won't understand the story at all due to how the dialog is delivered in the middle of gameplay, so you're better off turning the VA off either in the volume options or the hidden menu.

Also that system reformatting probably did nothing, expect to see the message again the coming days.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Then shut up and stop complaining so much about it, if you don't like translations at all and knew you would complain so much about it then you really have no clue how to prioritize things, assuming you know enough Kanji and Japanese in the first place. The chances of a region unlock hack are practically non existent.

And about KI.
I can understand that you may not like the humor etc. but the VA itself has factually a lot of effort put into it, as a result it came out just as professionally as with any other VA in English media. The VA wasn't bad, it's you who just don't seem to like English voice acting at all
Shit, I can understand why someone would want it in Japanese, but for other reasons entirely than the VA quality as it's as good as it can be. In any case unless you're fluent in Japanese you won't understand the story at all due to how the dialog is delivered in the middle of gameplay, so you're better off turning the VA off either in the volume options or the hidden menu.

Also that system reformatting probably did nothing, expect to see the message again the coming days.

Wait, how does system formatting not work? I thought that means it removes everything. Problem I had is that update was downloaded before via spotpass, but I didn't want to update it. When I formatted 3DS, I lost everything, even my Miis. I didn't configure internet after formating, and I put parental control on internet and streetpass and everything related to download. I am just wondering what sense does it make that downloaded update was not removed from 3DS after formatting entiere system? (because it was only downloaded and not installed)

P.S, about voice acting, I like English voice acting in Hollywood movies, Disney Classics, and American Games like Uncharted for example.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The update downloads AND installs, however it doesn't apply the new firmware unless you confirm it. That's why you don't have to wait for it to install after you've pressed A. System Reformatting doesn't format everything as it keeps system files intact including I assume the update as it falls into that category.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system format should remove everything except which firmware you had installed, since you had it downloaded but not installed it will probably remove that message, as long as you make sure to keep spotpass/wifi and all that stuff disabled. now its very possible that the update that auto downloaded may not be removed from a system format just like how it keeps the current firmware that you are on, but I highly doubt it.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
system format should remove everything except which firmware you had installed, since you had it downloaded but not installed it will probably remove that message, as long as you make sure to keep spotpass/wifi and all that stuff disabled. now its very possible that the update that auto downloaded may not be removed from a system format just like how it keeps the current firmware that you are on, but I highly doubt it.

Only time will tell will message still exist or not. After formatting, I didn't configure internet at all and In parental Control I disabled StreetPass. I cannot check SpotPass because that is on internet settings and my wifi is off, but because I never configured anything after update, I will assume its off. Well, time to never go online again with 3DS and search for games that are released before March 25, 2013

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The update downloads AND installs, however it doesn't apply the new firmware unless you confirm it. That's why you don't have to wait for it to install after you've pressed A. System Reformatting doesn't format everything as it keeps system files intact including I assume the update as it falls into that category.

It seems annoying message dissappeared forever

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u wont beable to play newer games using that trick because said game will not work without its update installed that it has LOL

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
u wont beable to play newer games using that trick because said game will not work without its update installed that it has LOL

Game wouldn't work normally without update of course, but when 3DS gets hacked, Either Homebrew Loader would bypass System Version check or some ROM Extractor program could extract 3DS rom from cartridge and you can patch the rom with tools on PC. PS3 3.55 CFW can play all new games, so I fail to see why 3DS will not be able to, of course once it gets fully hacked

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game wouldn't work normally without update of course, but when 3DS gets hacked, Either Homebrew Loader would bypass System Version check or some ROM Extractor program could extract 3DS rom from cartridge and you can patch the rom with tools on PC. PS3 3.55 CFW can play all new games, so I fail to see why 3DS will not be able to, of course once it gets fully hacked
This does not have to happen (and is in fact somewhat unlikely for a console/handheld) but it's possible that the SDK gets updated with some new functions that are only supported in the new firmware, like how iOS 5 offers some features and things iOS 4 does not. In that case just a simple check bypass won't be enough, the new firmware will need to be cracked as well.

Reactions: Eerpow

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This does not have to happen (and is in fact somewhat unlikely for a console/handheld) but it's possible that the SDK gets updated with some new functions that are only supported in the new firmware, like how iOS 5 offers some features and things iOS 4 does not. In that case just a simple check bypass won't be enough, the new firmware will need to be cracked as well.

Thanks for explaining it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...