Hacking Question about 3ds dumps, gateway, and arm9loaderhax

Noahwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a Sky3DS (planning to use it on a legit N3DS) and a O3DS with arm9loaderhax installed. When I open homebrew launcher and then select gateway on my O3DS, the screen turns black, it seems that gateway menu is uncompatible with arm9loaderhax, so I dont find a way to dump my 3DS cartridges...

I only need to dump one, because one header works for all my games (at least that is what I know)

Any help?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a Sky3DS (planning to use it on a legit N3DS) and a O3DS with arm9loaderhax installed. When I open homebrew launcher and then select gateway on my O3DS, the screen turns black, it seems that gateway menu is uncompatible with arm9loaderhax, so I dont find a way to dump my 3DS cartridges...

I only need to dump one, because one header works for all my games (at least that is what I know)

Any help?

Boot hbl after holding L to boot a9hl. Then load gw

Noahwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Boot hbl after holding L to boot a9hl. Then load gw

I have my sysnand on 10.6 w/ arm9loaderhax i did that thing to combine emunand and sysnand, do I need to downgrade it? or it will work anyway with your method?
Edit: I didn't understand it, when do I have to press L? I have the cia launcher of homebrew... if I press L when booting the screen turns black and nothing happens, just stuck on black screen

Last edited by Noahwell,

otakusensei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS there some incompatibility with a9lh and Gateway? I'm looking at getting a hard mod and loading a9lh but I don't want to lose my Gateway functionality.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I read there are two a9lh builds, one will work with AuReiNand only but is able to open sysnand and launch Gateway from it. The other one will work on more CFWs but won't work with Gateway. Maybe you have the build that won't work with Gateway and need the other one. Sorry i couldn't be more help but it might give you something to read about to work out a solution.

Noahwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read there are two a9lh builds, one will work with AuReiNand only but is able to open sysnand and launch Gateway from it. The other one will work on more CFWs but won't work with Gateway. Maybe you have the build that won't work with Gateway and need the other one. Sorry i couldn't be more help but it might give you something to read about to work out a solution.

If you give me something to read I would appreciate it

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue here sounds like your trying to load Gateway on 10.6, Gateway only works on 9.2

If you setup updated sysNAND you should have also setup a 9.2 emuNAND

You need to load gateway from that

Reactions: Quantumcat

Noahwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The issue here sounds like your trying to load Gateway on 10.6, Gateway only works on 9.2

If you setup updated sysNAND you should have also setup a 9.2 emuNAND

You need to load gateway from that

Tried to downgrade to 9.2, didn't worked.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried to downgrade to 9.2, didn't worked.

had this problem last week, when trying out sysnand + emunand configurations

Eventually i downgraded to 9.2 and it worked
rn i was trying to install arm9loaderhax for the very first time but, upon reading things, it seems if u use gateway, ur better off with the normal sysnand+emunand configuration?

Can someone confirm this? because AFAIK gateway is not loadable off 9.3.0+
Going to abort the a9loaderhax installation until i get more information

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
had this problem last week, when trying out sysnand + emunand configurations

Eventually i downgraded to 9.2 and it worked
rn i was trying to install arm9loaderhax for the very first time but, upon reading things, it seems if u use gateway, ur better off with the normal sysnand+emunand configuration?

Can someone confirm this? because AFAIK gateway is not loadable off 9.3.0+
Going to abort the a9loaderhax installation until i get more information
You can still use a9loaderhax, but I recommend having a 9.2 sysnand and updated emunand. In the guide, after you've successfully run Safe Arm9 Loader Hax Installer, restore emuNAND_original to emuNAND, not sysNAND. In Luma3DS, you'll want to make sure Updated Sysnand is not selected. If you autoboot sysNAND, you can have menuhax lead to gateway. If you autoboot emuNAND, Luma3DS will boot much faster, just without Gateway support. Holding L on boot will boot whichever is not set to autoboot.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any help?
why not use Uncart?

Reactions: Hking0036

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-