Hacking Query: Triforce Heroes on O3DS 9.2 (with CN, Pasta CFW)

Kazzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

It's been a while since I was last up to date with the CFW world. Back then I got Pasta running on my 9.2 3DS through Cubic Ninja, installed the patched GBA firmware, and installed a number of virtual console titles. Other than that, I've only being retail cartridges. Now I have a very strong hunch that I'll soon be receiving a copy of Triforce Heroes for my birthday, and 3dsdb.com tells me it comes with firmware 9.9.0 :/

Could anyone give me a pointer toward the steps I'll need to follow to get Triforce Heroes running on my 3DS?

Is it essential that I set up an EmuNAND, or is it just very preferable?
Is it a straight-up choice between Reinand and Cakes, or is there something else around I ought to know about?
Finally, would there be any benefit in accepting the cartridge graciously and installing a ROM instead (other than not needing to carry the cartridge)?

Here are my system's vital specs:
Original 3DS sysNAND 9.2.0-20E, no emuNAND
PastaCFW booted through Ninjhax 1.x on CN retail cartridge
Ironfall 1.0 also installed (but doesn't run, as it requires 9.5+ firmware)

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you are on exploitable version (<=9.2) first of all you should have made a sysNAND backup of it to your PC (I always say that).

Now for O3DS the best option so far has been RxTools. It boots and supports latest emuNAND. Of course you need to create emuNAND for it but you will not lose any stuff from sysNAND as you are making a copy of sysNAND to emuNAND (hence it would be linked too). You can follow the tutorial for how to set it up using CN retail cart. But your best option would be to use menuhax to autoboot to RxTools (tutorial for this also exists), instead of CN once you have set up RxTools.

EDIT: Seems like RxTools is broken at the moment (supports emuNAND till 9.9). But you can try modded Rei's CFW that now works on O3DS but I haven't tested it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinand-mod-o3ds-n3ds-sysnand.411110/

Last edited by Just3DS,

Kazzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I do indeed have a sysNAND backup that I made way back whenever it was, so I'm (hopefully) safe on that front.

Given your assessment of RxTools's current state, I'll take a closer look at Rei. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...