Homebrew Quake DS Help!

Rockrz5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to start Quake DS, I hit single player and then new game, this message appears:

Resetting textures
Leaked 0 bytes of VRAM
Server loading world...
Loading sky...
Making new lower sky
Making new upper sky
Server loading models...
cache_tryalloc: 244352 is greater then free hunk, 243744 free

What the heck is hunk, and how do I solve this problem? I've got all the right files set up (ID1 with Pak0.pak, Pak1.pak and config) ect. Please help me figure this out, and get Quake DS up and running!

-Rockrz5

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
try placing a "qdsopts.txt" on the root of your card and place inside this text file:

Code:
-game
ID1
-heapsize

Not sure if this will work for you as i have never needed to set the heapsize ever on QuakeDS, and i have never tested it on a DSi (which from your signature i assume your using).
moogle.gif

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Rockrz5, as James_Wulfe said I've not seen confirmation that QuakeDS works on a DSi but:

- find the file called 'qdsopts.txt' in the root of your card
- open it with your text editor
- the file should currently contain the text 'game -id1' in it so add after that on a new line: '-heapsize 24000' (without the quotes)

More help for QuakeDS

Zerotance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its just initializing FAT for the game to load, it really just tells you what your DS is loading and doing. It can help if it does not load because it says why. When I load up a portal on iHalo DS, it does exactly the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1