quadforce v 0.1 FINAL by crediar

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
whats sad really is that people were reporting f-zero ax to be working with the leaked version so could that means that the leaked version is version 0.2 ?

oh scratch that apparently theres no patch for f-zero ax on the leaked version

believe megazig stated that the leak version contained f-zero ax patches

ps can we just ban g0dlike already, christ

ngelDiezFernndez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
9esferas.es
XP
Country
I remember your version hehe, thats why i thought dat :)

Here are some test. Using USB Loader GX and cheap class 4 card

GP - Mario Circuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYEshVotUA

GP - Bowser Circuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G8_gCxhWl4

GP2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXOENtNyU_E

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it had patches for fzero-ax. I didn't say it worked as I didn't try anything. from my understanding fzero-ax patches are not working

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
twitter:
Update on DM, to prevent any leaks there will be no public beta. The next DM related news will be the release. Release: when it's done.

https://twitter.com/crediar/status/212228459420844032

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like someone said, people are better off playing F-Zero GX. As apparently, the AX courses are available on there (as unlockables).

Edit:
@PizzaPino: unfortunately... I've already beat you to it. As I mentioned it in the DML thread within the Wii Hacking forum.

Reactions: 1 person

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a heads up for anyone running in USB Loader GX, if you have both of the games on your SD card at once it only takes one because it has the same title ID. You can just edit the Sample Game Name and title ID in hex though and it works fine. I just set them up to work with WiiTDB.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I couldn't care less for F-Zero or any other Arcade game, the only ones I wanted are Mario Kart games and I'm grateful that we can finally play them, anyway great news about Dios-Mios indeed, I can wait longer for it to be released, thank you Crediar!

There's a lot of hypocrite here.

I don't see anyone being hypocrite, as far as I know no-one ever wanted a leaked build but we wanted an official release by Crediar!

Just a heads up for anyone running in USB Loader GX, if you have both of the games on your SD card at once it only takes one because it has the same title ID. You can just edit the Sample Game Name and title ID in hex though and it works fine. I just set them up to work with WiiTDB.

How to do so?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By the way... It's the only official release that we'll see (unless crediar, decides to add it to DM).

Anyway... someone actually thought "DMLTri" (as it was known), was never going to see the light of day (didn't most people, think that?) and because of what happened, is actually why we ended up with quadforce.

I just wish the controls were a bit simpler though and less awkward, like the other MK games in the series and with full access to configure options, save games to SD (like with the actual arcade cards) and possible network support (which wouldn't be likely, but I'm only speculating what could of been).

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
So, let's see if I can understand this... I have the to take the rom set for Mario Kart Arcade GP, create a disc image with it and then run it through DiscEx. Correct?

the roms are like a standard gc iso
just get the rom
you can hex edit the id and name in the rom if you want (i did this and worked fine)
drag in to discex like any gc iso

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks diddy81, at least someone cares about my problem. It's just a shame that, I can't get what I need today to play the games. as I'm using my phone to reply and comment. :)

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and dsepite what cred said, wavebirds DO WORK in this "Final" build for gp 1 and 2.. heck im even running the PAL version of the games on my ntsc wii and it still works fine via real nand and usb gx.. i dont see any wavebird related issues...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way... It's the only official release that we'll see (unless crediar, decides to add it to DM).

Anyway... someone actually thought "DMLTri" (as it was known), was never going to see the light of day (didn't most people, think that?) and because of what happened, is actually why we ended up with quadforce.

I just wish the controls were a bit simpler though and less awkward, like the other MK games in the series and with full access to configure options, save games to SD (like with the actual arcade cards) and possible network support (which wouldn't be likely, but I'm only speculating what could of been).

What? The controls are perfectly fine, in fact I liked the controls much better than the original MK ones, having the R trigger for accileration is a mile better, maybe because I'm used to Crazy Taxi and All-Stars Racing idk, but I prefer the control here, my only complaint is the lack of save and the notifiable lag in MKAGP2 other than that I love this build :)

Thanks diddy81, at least someone cares about my problem. It's just a shame that, I can't get what I need today to play the games. as I'm using my phone to reply and comment. :)

That's a bit harsh don't you think? We did reply to you and help you with it :(

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and dsepite what cred said, wavebirds DO WORK in this "Final" build for gp 1 and 2.. heck im even running the PAL version of the games on my ntsc wii and it still works fine via real nand and usb gx.. i dont see any wavebird related issues...

yep. i just tried it myself and sure enough wavebird works fine.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's a bit harsh don't you think? We did reply to you and help you with it :(
My sincerely apologises... It's just the other explanations were just, copy the roms into DiscEx. When I wasn't even aware what the actual format was to begin with, as I thought it was a bunch of individual files in a folder that run through MAME.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How to do so?
Just make the iso with DiscEx as usual, then edit the files with any Hex editor. At the very top of the file you'll see the game ID along with the title "Sample Game Name" which you can just overwrite with the ID and title of your choice. WiiTDB's ids for them are GGPE01 for GP and GGPE02 for GP 2, I believe those are also the ids that the leaked releases used judging by the info there. Either way it works great for separating them in GX and making them compatible with Wiinertags.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ