Hacking Quadforce 4.1 with uneek?

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I've been experimenting with quadforce since it now supports USB, but am running into trouble:(

I'm trying to run this using UNEEK+DI, I followed tutorial 3c in this thread and here's my current file set up:

On my SD card I have "quadforce.bin" in "sneek" on my root and folder "sys" which I got form my Mario Kart GP 2 in "games" on my root
then on my USB I have "quadforce.bin" in "sneek" on my root and folder "GGPE02" in "games" which contains "sys" and "game.iso", which has been put through DMToolbox.

I found the game when I reloaded sneek's cache, but running the game yielded a DIOS MIOS splash screen, then a green screen.
I tried replacing 00000008.app, so I found it's location in my emunand, renamed "quadforce.bin" to "00000008.app" and replaced the current one.
That just yielded a black screen.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apostrophe i have the same problem. If you have a green screen it means sneek uses dios-mios.bin. As i can understand the sneek can not choose the right file - quadforce.bin and uses dios-mios.bin. But if you delete dios-mios.bin or replace 0000008.app wii will reboot. I think maybe problem - a new revision of wii. I have a red wii.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even get that far. I'm using uneek2o rev 96 (dios mios on my real nand).

When I try to launch the quadforce game from uneek my Wii just shuts off.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
This is still an unsolved issue with Neek2o/quadforce4.1
You need to wait for Overjoy to do something about it (only few ppl have this working for most ppl wii shuts off)
In the mean time you can use Crediar's uneek with nand on root of usb device with bin files

Edit: a new fix for this issue that does not require neek is Postloader v4.4.9+ check it out in Emulator/homebrew stickies section

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops I'm actually using I'm actually using neek2o, sorry if I didn't specify that ;)

and Abdallah, I just installed the latest postloader and renamed quadforce.bin to 00000008.app and replaced it with the one on my emunand.
When I boot up postloader in neek environment and go to gamecube, two mario karts appear, one with ID GGPE02 and the other with an ID MKAGP2. Is this because I have the "sys" folder in the "GGPE02" folder in "games"? Anyways loading GGPE02 shut off my wii and loading MKAGP2 crashed postloader.

Has anyone else tried postloader to load these games?

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to use neek or neek2o postloader work from real nand.
You just need the dm and qf wads in postloader/wads folder.
Check pl changelog for full details
That worked AbdallahTerro, but it replaced the MIOS on my real nand with quadforce. Is it not possible to have DIOS MIOS on my real nand and only use quadforce through emu nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?