Hacking QQ3DS vs Sky3DS -- Why are people buying Sky instead?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why people can't choose what they want to purchase? Now people asking what they should buy is the dumbest thing, might as well hand over your hard earn cash to the person whose making that decision for you.

Reactions: Miafey

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 9.5+.

This is going to happen more and more as old 9.0-9.3 systems get pulled off the shelves. (we had a post the other day of an N3DS installed with 9.4)

Nintendon't didn't just patch kernal access with 9.5, they're also pulling old stock and pushing N3DS with new firmware to prevent it. Eventually there will only be Sky3DS option for most new users.

GW is dead. Long live the Sky3DS. Sorry to say it. (but not really)

Better start working on reverse engineering the Powersaves Pro so we can ROM dump in the future.

And don't rub in the fact you have a 3DS with GW. I know you can get it to work up till a certain firmware. I know it has great features. But in time... you will be one of the few who does have a GW. And knowing Nintendon't holding a grudge, wouldn't be shocked if they go after GW before Sky3DS.

It's all about the ROM dump, baby!

Ease of use is also another factor, but not really. Once users start trying to use private headers, you lose a lot of noobs.

As for the DS cart, I already own a DSTwo... and in the past clones had a big fight and lost. So go original.
Dear Lord. What does the thread creator's question have to do with Sky vs GW? Or are you just trolling? Sounds like someone has an obsession...

Miafey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personal choice really. I don't need a DS card or a card reader. If QQ3DS is the same card as Sky3DS, why can't I buy Sky?

And from what I could see, QQ3DS is not cheaper than Sky3DS for me. QQ3DS is priced at around 75 pounds and I got my sky for around 60.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And we're back to where we started.

Go get a Sky3DS and DSTwo. You get more out of it and you get better support.

DSTwo does more than just DS emu and the QQ3DS is trying to be a Gateway/Sky3DS ripoff.

Stop fighting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Go back to whining about 9.6 update...

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
And we're back to where we started.

Go get a Sky3DS and DSTwo. You get more out of it and you get better support.

DSTwo does more than just DS emu and the QQ3DS is trying to be a Gateway/Sky3DS ripoff.

Stop fighting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Go back to whining about 9.6 update...
One problem though:

Where to buy a DSTwo.

Considering that it's stopped being in production for what, a year or two already? Even the stores that have it listed have them listed as sold out.

Frederik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A lot of people want to buy a DSTWO. Why is there no cheap Copy/Clone ? R4 clones everywhere, but not a single
DSTWO Clone ! It was no problem for QQ to enter market as a SKY-Clone, where are the clever guys which make us happy with cheap an high-quality DSTWO-Clones ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A lot of people want to buy a DSTWO. Why is there no cheap Copy/Clone ? R4 clones everywhere, but not a single
DSTWO Clone ! It was no problem for QQ to enter market as a SKY-Clone, where are the clever guys which make us happy with cheap an high-quality DSTWO-Clones ?
Because unlike the R4 which is powered by one measily CPLD pretending to be an ASIC, the DSTwo is actually powered by a proper CPU with embedded RAM. In other words, it's not financially viable to clone it for big bucks when you can clone an R4 for pennies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo