Hacking QQ3DS vs Sky3DS -- Why are people buying Sky instead?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said it's useless to the OP. But he said QQ3DS has this addition, and asked why other people still want Sky3DS. The main reason for me is simply that I already have DSTWO, so this addition is useless to me.

:facepalm:

The real main reason is that Sky3DS is the OFFICIAL cart and QQ3DS is a clone cart. The additional DS cart has no bearing on this at all. And your original post is aimed towards your goals and not those of the OP. The whole reason of answering a post is to give feedback to the OP on their question/concern which you blatantly did not care for.

And I'm done.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I know the QQ3DS is the exact same card -- a clone -- Of the Sky3DS, but, it can be found for slightly (a couple $ here and there) cheaper than a Sky3DS, comes with another cart to play normal DS titles, and even comes with a little card reader.

You may not need those little additions (me personally, I really like the fact that they include a card for DS roms too) but, why would someone go for a Sky3DS instead? They even use the same template/diskwriting programs iirc.

Is there some difference between the two that I'm missing?

The real main reason is that Sky3DS is the OFFICIAL cart and QQ3DS is a clone cart. The additional DS cart has no bearing on this at all. And your original post is aimed towards your goals and not those of the OP. The whole reason of answering a post is to give feedback to the OP on their question/concern which you blatantly did not care for.

And I'm done.
As a whole:

QQ3DS is simply a blue button Sky3DS with a different sticker and an additional, correct me if I'm wrong, cheap R4 and mSD reader. Aside from a different sticker, additional stuff and/or price differences, there's no difference between both carts.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread seems more like a troll for clones, nothing worth to discuss here, please just close it Mod.

A troll for clones? I asked a legitimate question.

If you get more with the clone, WHICH IS LITERALLY THE SAME CARD, why would you go for the one that gives you less?

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give for less? Just got my sky3DS around at $75 something, the same with most of their US reseller's price anyway. Someone else even got his sky3DS at $55(http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-gate...bic-ninja-support.384093/page-17#post-5402359) but from China anyway.

Right now I can only see the Sky3DS for $80 or higher. And comparing it with the QQ3DS and Sky3DS, the QQ comes with a 3DS cart, a DS cart, and a SD reader. Even if you deem those two items useless, they are still extra items, and for some, a DS cart is a really awesome addition. That's why I ask why people would go for the sky3DS instead.

Wengier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

And I'm done.

To make it more clear: the main reason for choosing Sky3DS over QQ3DS is that Sky3DS is the official cart; the main reason for me to *still* choose Sky3DS over QQ3DS even if QQ3DS has this addition is that I already have DSTWO so this addition is useless to me. And I'm done.

Laserman

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Might aswell ask here since noone answered this yet, does the DS card work on current firmware N3DS? My friend just bought a N3DS and he's looking around for a flashcard, seeing as he hasn't had a DS before, the DS card would be really handy.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Firmware 9.5+.

This is going to happen more and more as old 9.0-9.3 systems get pulled off the shelves. (we had a post the other day of an N3DS installed with 9.4)

Nintendon't didn't just patch kernal access with 9.5, they're also pulling old stock and pushing N3DS with new firmware to prevent it. Eventually there will only be Sky3DS option for most new users.
10/10 - very imaginative.

one guy got a red xl on 9.4 on release day or close to it from the serial thread.

its the luck of the batch you get. there is no shipping consoles back to be updated.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Right now I can only see the Sky3DS for $80 or higher. And comparing it with the QQ3DS and Sky3DS, the QQ comes with a 3DS cart, a DS cart, and a SD reader. Even if you deem those two items useless, they are still extra items, and for some, a DS cart is a really awesome addition. That's why I ask why people would go for the sky3DS instead.
Thats why! They're USELESS. Jesus.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why! They're USELESS. Jesus.

I guess you didn't even bother to finish reading my post before replying. I said even if some people deem those items useless, THEY ARE STILL EXTRA ITEMS for someone to have, and for others, like myself, the addition of a DS cart is amazing.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Firmware 9.5+.

This is going to happen more and more as old 9.0-9.3 systems get pulled off the shelves. (we had a post the other day of an N3DS installed with 9.4)

Nintendon't didn't just patch kernal access with 9.5, they're also pulling old stock and pushing N3DS with new firmware to prevent it. Eventually there will only be Sky3DS option for most new users.

GW is dead. Long live the Sky3DS. Sorry to say it. (but not really)

Better start working on reverse engineering the Powersaves Pro so we can ROM dump in the future.

And don't rub in the fact you have a 3DS with GW. I know you can get it to work up till a certain firmware. I know it has great features. But in time... you will be one of the few who does have a GW. And knowing Nintendon't holding a grudge, wouldn't be shocked if they go after GW before Sky3DS.

It's all about the ROM dump, baby!

Ease of use is also another factor, but not really. Once users start trying to use private headers, you lose a lot of noobs.

As for the DS cart, I already own a DSTwo... and in the past clones had a big fight and lost. So go original.

But how may I play Project Mirai 2 on my European 3DS with a Sky3DS and still be able to access eShop/etc?
Project Mirai 2 is, along with EX Troopers, Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona Q and SMT4 one of the games I play more often.
(Well, with Project Mirai DX coming to Europe the first problem may be solved, but then what about EX Troopers?)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might aswell ask here since noone answered this yet, does the DS card work on current firmware N3DS? My friend just bought a N3DS and he's looking around for a flashcard, seeing as he hasn't had a DS before, the DS card would be really handy.

Yes, there is a CIA you can install that will allow all DS flashcarts to work (even the ones patched by firmware updates). I can't speak for QQ3DS' DS cart, but the GW blue cart has been fixed with the CIA and DSTWO still works as well. There are also the R4i "RTS" version carts that work on current firmware but they are knockoffs.

Erich Moraga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite the lively discussion... Anyway, I have 2 Sky3DS units due to a deal that fell through, so if someone would like a legit version at a clone price, from a US seller (ie. no weird fees, and very quick shipping), then let me know. I am only selling 1.

Edit: SOLD!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's a good reason why Sky3DS should continue selling. QQ3DS relies on the exact same template files and nobody knows how to calculate Sky's security hash. If Sky3DS carts stop selling, Sky will stop releasing templates. If Sky stops releasing templates, the clones die with it because they won't be able to calculate the security hash.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a good reason why Sky3DS should continue selling. QQ3DS relies on the exact same template files and nobody knows how to calculate Sky's security hash. If Sky3DS carts stop selling, Sky will stop releasing templates. If Sky stops releasing templates, the clones die with it because they won't be able to calculate the security hash.

/end thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now