Hacking qlutoo got a talk at 34c3's console hacking/security section!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Timetable is now up > Timetable is now up

plutoo, derrek, and naehrwerts talk entitled "Switch - Homebrew on the Horizon" will take place on Dec. 28th, 19:45 MEZ (GMT/UTC + 01:00) in hall A > Title, Date + Timezone and Location of the talk

The Livestream link will probably be A or B - Judging from past years > they didnt change live stream urls in the past two years, so probably those are good when their stream goes up, but you cant be sure until the streaming frontend stuff goes live.

Check twitter around that day. > Check Twitter around that day (#34c3 livestream, or just be creative), to get the livestream portals url. On demand versions usually go up on youtube a few minutes to hours after a talk finished.

Last edited by notimp,

Daeken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol

i got banned from reswitched for asking when i can play warez

what a bunch of nerds

I know, right? It's crazy how we expect you to read and accept rules, then ban you when you violate the literal only one that's zero-tolerance. From the rules:

"Absolutely no piracy. There is a zero-tolerance policy and we will enforce this strictly and swiftly."

In other words:

wahmbulance.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There won't be a way to play 3.0.0 plus games so hacks aren't worth it unless piracy
How do you figure? Plenty of previous devices, ones that also feature efuses even, have virtualised kernels, had software decryption keys (assuming there are not radically different APIs introduced in later kernels for whatever reason), and found and stripped checks and fuse blowing code sections. Hard to do everyday for randomly differing or unique devices (see early cable box hacking) but an updated once every few months universal kernel is not so bad.

I would agree piracy is likely to be a serious component as the hardware is not terribly appealing compared to the GBA or DS during their day, and neither is the potential ecosystem barring a consistently useful android port.

Reactions: peteruk

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
the hacks can't stay on 3.00 forever its hard to get 3.00 is the 3ds all over again with having to find 3ds with old firmwares before boot9strap
I honestly would like to know why people think 3.0.0 is the end all...

Reactions: WeedZ

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I honestly would like to know why people think 3.0.0 is the end all...
major exploit patched so another one needs to be found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

like on the 3ds area.....4.5 is hackable dont update.....what happened? B9S
the same can happen to the Switch
theres also only one system this time unlike last time there were two systems being hacked 3ds and wii u so both 3ds and wiiu hackers a trying to crack it

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
major exploit patched so another one needs to be found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

theres also only one system this time unlike last time there were two systems being hacked 3ds and wii u so both 3ds and wiiu hackers a trying to crack it

No, I get that. However, some believe we won't see one past 3.0.0...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong