Hacking qlutoo got a talk at 34c3's console hacking/security section!

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tweets are good and all but they lack the appreciation one gets from all the listeners of a talk when demonstrating achievements and milestones created.
Social media just lacks the person to person emotions gained while getting applause for outstanding work. (offtopic)

My understanding was that the main benefit of demonstrating hacking vulnerabilities in a security education conference was that it gives them the legal protection of their work being distinctly and clearly shared for educational purposes.

It's a smart way to cover your ass from companies potentially coming after you for what they claim is intentionally opening the door for copyright circumvention.

Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
My understanding was that the main benefit of demonstrating hacking vulnerabilities in a security education conference was that it gives them the legal protection of their work being distinctly and clearly shared for educational purposes.

It's a smart way to cover your ass from companies potentially coming after you for what they claim is intentionally opening the door for copyright circumvention.
A speech at a conference looks a heck of a lot better on your resume than a tweet, as well.

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
whens the stream start
19.45, but I don't know which timezone they using. May be like all of Germany, UTC+1. So, maybe 18.45 London time.
Screenshot_20171228-071809.jpg

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
will the stream link appear there when its on
Hard to say, I recommend to looking for Twitter hashtag #34c3 and look for link to the stream. I will do this such way, but maybe someone will post link here.
The link I gave is to Haal Adams, where the Switch speech is going to be. So, I think stream will be here 100%
http://streaming.media.ccc.de/34c3/halla

Last edited by Greg956,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Should i except my switch to never be hackable when i got it it was on a newer firmware then 3.0.0 unfortunately i did not want to wait to have to play mario Odyssey anyways

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They have to crack arm trust zone you need arm trust zone acess for piracy
Um? first of all there is no sense in quoting me while saying that, and second, we all already know, could you maybe stop spamming/shitposting it annoys. We don't need to hear your thoughts 5 times in a row, besides that there is still no point in quoting me, read a writeup on the arm trustzone instead.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv