Hacking qlutoo got a talk at 34c3's console hacking/security section!

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, I get that. However, some believe we won't see one past 3.0.0...
nah the switch is made by humans is not going to be perfect also how did you think they dug though the 4.10 update while staying on 3.0.0 as seen here they documented the changes on firmwars higer then 3.0.0 how do you think they did that with an exploit on 3.0.0 http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=4.0.0

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,
Reactions: weatMod and Kioku

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the hacks can't stay on 3.00 forever its hard to get 3.00 is the 3ds all over again with having to find 3ds with old firmwares before boot9strap
Welcome to every hacking scene ever. Not updating and having patience are required. Happens to be the hardest part for people to understand.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welcome to every hacking scene ever. Not updating and having patience are required. Happens to be the hardest part for people to understand.
not quite the 3ds has had times where the lasted firmware is exploitable i can wait theres no pokemon on the switch yet so theres no need to cheat

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
not quite the 3ds has had times where the lasted firmware is exploitable i can wait theres no pokemon on the switch yet so theres no need to cheat
The switch is really going to require patience because using a smaller exploit to downgrade to a more exploitable firm is out of the question. At least until they can bypass or disable the fuses.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The switch is really going to require patience because using a smaller exploit to downgrade to a more exploitable firm is out of the question. At least until they can bypass or disable the fuses.
im more interested on how the switch secruity works. i also found out you can gen empty slot pokemon into usum and it lets you put them in bank so cheating pokemon may be possible with out hacking.

don't want to hack it untill the switch gets cheaper im scared of bricking a full price system i also want to keep my warranty until it expires

how long untill 34c3s

Reactions: KiiWii and WeedZ

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The livestream will be here:
Its 21:00 now, the talk is scheduled for 19:45, soo... ~ 22,75h untill the talk starts :rofl:

Can't wait to see whether it will be ok to update bc there are fancy exploits in 4.0.0, 4.0.1 or even 4.1.0 :ph34r:

Last edited by Resaec,
Reactions: Nezztor

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The livestream will be here:
Its 21:00 now, the talk is scheduled for 19:45, soo... ~ 22,75h untill the talk starts :rofl:

Can't wait to see whether it will be ok to update bc there are fancy exploits in 4.0.0, 4.0.1 or even 4.1.0 :ph34r:

I'd sooner expect a type of analysis of the security and its pitfalls (like what led to ROhan, and others), maybe a hint on what he's been working on/off of (in aforementioned 'others') but I don't see him just dropping his own (and his co-hosts') hard work out the in the open for, then, Nintendo to just patch because he spelled it out. Kind of defeats the purpose and he's been keeping it close to the chest to begin with.

In fact, the abstract suggests it *is* about the security, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and then how we're on the rise of homebrew (again, things like the issues that led to ROhan). To a background track of something from Ennio Morricone.

Reactions: Nezztor

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but they are able to dig though new updates so could there be a new exploit

Yes. And they are not releasing anything for a good reason: exploits are rare and hard work.

The more you release, the more Nintendo closes up the holes, the harder new exploits are to come by.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd sooner expect a type of analysis of the security and its pitfalls (like what led to ROhan, and others), maybe a hint on what he's been working on/off of (in aforementioned 'others') but I don't see him just dropping his own (and his co-hosts') hard work out the in the open for, then, Nintendo to just patch because he spelled it out. Kind of defeats the purpose and he's been keeping it close to the chest to begin with.
Thats right. I didn't mean to make it sound like they will release anything, but more like them saying "HAH Nintendo we got to kernel / persistance in version X" and "Brace yourselves for hb on version Y" or "Here is a lib for all the fancy things we got working" :D

What is 34c3s?
It's a german originating hacker/security conference with people from all over the world. Like Defcon and all the others

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like i'm one of the few that's excited no matter what's revealed. I'd be excited to hear about the challenges with the switch, and how it might not be hacked past 3.0 easily, probably almost as excited as i'd be for a 4.0 hack. I just like learning the technicalities

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats right. I didn't mean to make it sound like they will release anything, but more like them saying "HAH Nintendo we got to kernel / persistance in version X" and "Brace yourselves for hb on version Y" or "Here is a lib for all the fancy things we got working" :D

Aside from the "we got kernel" call-out (which they've done on twitter), they've already done the rest with ROhan and contributed to getting the libraries and back-end working. Honestly, I don't see why they'd do any of this for what would/could be conveyed well enough with a few tweets. :P

This is a presentation on actual security and advantages/issues therein. :P

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just because it is a talk about the security this console enforces does not mean that they are not allowed to show that and how they broke it.
Its quite typical for those talks to include a demo and/or release of public and/or private work.

You are quite protective (lack of vocabulary there) in regards of what they will talk about. Like you want people to not hope for such things.
Tweets are good and all but they lack the appreciation one gets from all the listeners of a talk when demonstrating achievements and milestones created.
Social media just lacks the person to person emotions gained while getting applause for outstanding work. (offtopic)

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: