ROM Hack WIP QEdit - A Pokemon Quest Web-Based Save Editor

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i got this when i use my user file from checkpoint

View attachment 134276

I had the same exact thing, it takes some time depending on the host, took about 30 seconds before my info popped up.

So I tested it so far, works as it should, finally the legendary cubes show up and can be used, summoned 4 mew twos and a zapdos so that works out. Other than that, great job OP!

Last edited by Misledz,

shearx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same exact thing, it takes some time depending on the host, took about 30 seconds before my info popped up.

So I tested it so far, works as it should, finally the legendary cubes show up and can be used, summoned 4 mew twos and a zapdos so that works out. Other than that, great job OP!
Good to see it working out for ya.

The time it takes to load your save is slow because the web host isn’t the same as my API host (which converts the save files). The API host is my own personal server, and it’s not the greatest in the world unfortunately, but the web host blocks the commands I need to do the conversion, so I didn’t see much alternative. :/

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

The time it takes to load your save is slow because the web host isn’t the same as my API host (which converts the save files). The API host is my own personal server, and it’s not the greatest in the world unfortunately, but the web host blocks the commands I need to do the conversion, so I didn’t see much alternative. :/
You should probably throw that out as a notice for those trying it that to wait for a minute or less to load, oddly enough the webhost doesnt play nice with where I live so I had to VPN it and it worked but hey all for the sake of progress. Another being you need to use Chrome/Incognito everytime you need to edit the changes as for some reason it tries to pull up last saved values which reflect incorrectly even when a new save is loaded.

shearx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably throw that out as a notice for those trying it that to wait for a minute or less to load, oddly enough the webhost doesnt play nice with where I live so I had to VPN it and it worked but hey all for the sake of progress. Another being you need to use Chrome/Incognito everytime you need to edit the changes as for some reason it tries to pull up last saved values which reflect incorrectly even when a new save is loaded.
I just added a notice above the download button to warn them of the potential time. Hopefully it helps haha
I also changed things up a bit to hopefully remove the autocomplete issue you described. Let me know if it did anything on your end (i tested in chrome and firefox, seems to work ok)

Reactions: Misledz

kazzaluis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you share the file you tried to use?

shure

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

now display a invalid file format

upload_2018-7-3_9-30-5.png

Attachments

• user.rar
    492.9 KB · Views: 220

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What kind of API were you trying to work with? I go through A2Hosting and if they have what you need, I'd be more than happy to provide you with an FTP account to make it go a little faster.

shearx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of API were you trying to work with? I go through A2Hosting and if they have what you need, I'd be more than happy to provide you with an FTP account to make it go a little faster.
I have to run console commands (specifically the PHP command "exec", which is a huuuge security risk for hosting providers). If it weren't for 2 instances of that command being used, I wouldn't have this problem. I'm not sure of any hosting provider that allows these commands, short of paying for a full VPS instance.. which costs more than I'm willing to pay for the small projects I work on haha

kazzaluis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm using checkpoint 3.3.0

will you make a portable desktop version ?

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to run console commands (specifically the PHP command "exec", which is a huuuge security risk for hosting providers). If it weren't for 2 instances of that command being used, I wouldn't have this problem. I'm not sure of any hosting provider that allows these commands, short of paying for a full VPS instance.. which costs more than I'm willing to pay for the small projects I work on haha

I'll check with my host and see if they allow it.

EDIT:

It sounds like I should be able to allow it.

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/develo...ni-directives/php-disable_functions-directive

Read up their article.

EDIT 2: My next question, what are you trying to execute?

Last edited by gameus,

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked my PHP options in my cPanel. It doesn't outright have it listed as disabled so I think it could work.

Just as another note, my host does allow SSH and basically just about all the freedom you could need. So let me know if you want me to try and help you set this up.

Attachments

• ffff.PNG
    ffff.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by gameus,

shearx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked my PHP options in my cPanel. It doesn't outright have it listed as disabled so I think it could work.

Just as another note, my host does allow SSH and basically just about all the freedom you could need. So let me know if you want me to try and help you set this up.
is your host linux or windows based?

0you can use the xSillusx's source code to edit pokemon in storage and stone slots
xSillusx's editor is written in C#, while mine is Javascript and PHP. I don't know C#, but I already know how to edit the pokemon and stones. Adding the rest of the fields to edit a pokemon will be trivial, while even xSillusx doesn't have stone editing (or any other editor that i'm aware of). I'll add these when I get time :P

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run the uploaded save through PqSave to get it into a workable format. AFIK PqSave only has a windows executable =/
Tell you what, I'm pretty knowledgeable in PHP and C#, so I'll see if I can't come up with a PHP script.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...