Homebrew [Q] Uncart dumped games = Online safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pokepicker
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,525
  • Replies Replies 8

Pokepicker

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
274
Reaction score
79
Trophies
1
Age
37
XP
1,836
Country
Norway
Hi

I just have a quick question regarding Uncart. If I where to dump my copy of Omega Ruby (or any other games), and turn the .3ds into a .cia file. Will this game be safe to use online? I'm going to play in the June International Challenge, and wouldn't want to be "spotted" by Nintendo or something.

I might as well cary the cartridge with me if dumping it is deemed "unsafe".
 
Nah ur safe once its a CIA file it doesn't have private header but instead runs from ur console I'd therefore there should be no ban risk
 
No uncart dump are not safe to use as .3DS because they are ripped off their private header.
But if you convert it to a CIA, then it doesn't matter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seriel
Ok great. Thank you for all the answers.
Am I safer using private dumps (made into .cia) then downloading randomgame.cia from certain sites? Or will my dumped and converted .cia, look the same to Nintendo as any downloaded .cia?
 
Ok great. Thank you for all the answers.
Am I safer using private dumps (made into .cia) then downloading randomgame.cia from certain sites? Or will my dumped and converted .cia, look the same to Nintendo as any downloaded .cia?
Since a downloaded .cia is just their dump it doesn't matter.
 
The easiest way would be to use FBI to install a copy of the game from Nintendo's own CDN with a QR code you can get from Shameless, then import the save into it with SVDT. There's absolutely no way Nintendo can detect that.
 
The easiest way would be to use FBI to install a copy of the game from Nintendo's own CDN with a QR code you can get from Shameless, then import the save into it with SVDT. There's absolutely no way Nintendo can detect that.
Do you REALLY believe that Nintendo can't read your ticket.db and compare it with its own database?
 

Site & Scene News