Gaming (Q): Octopath Traveler Save transfer Question

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all, i have a question regarding the Octopath Traveler game,

yeah, im thinking of getting ocotpath after trying the prologue demo from my eshop.

1) if i get this game from the US (amazon.com), will my save from the prolouge demo which is from EU region eshop,
transfer over to my Physical Cart game (us version)?

i know that when i played the megaman 11 demo from my ehsop and got the game in physical (us only),
the demo save carried over some bonus to the game when i stared it up,
so it should work for ocotopath?

i know for a fact that buying a out of region game locks you from the following:

1) mynintendo gold coins won't work if you get an out of regoin game (only if you link an account set to that game's region).
2) any dlc is locked to that region, so you cant just buy a us game and then buy a eu dlc pack, it won't work, has to be the same regoin for dlc & game.

thanx

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
however, I've often wondered about out of region saves. I have two poi games. one of them is a cartridge that says USA on it, the other is the USA digital version. what's odd is that they're two different regions - can't get coins for the cartridge. and, the saves are not compatible either. I kept the cartridge, because it might be worth something if it's a bootleg, 'cause like I said, it says USA on it.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does the demo transfer at all? Good game BTW. I had 100 hours in it.

i think it should, well you start the game and can continue it in the full game, kinda like how you did in DQ XI:S or Trials of Mana (also by SQ).
tho this doesn't work for BD II final demo unfort.

i dkn for sure if for OCtopath it'll work, since i haven't got the full game yet,
when i do get it (after march or around that time) i'll make a post here about it.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2