Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Click here.

It is a demo for the PC (though there isn't a PC version coming out...erm yeah), the game itself is due out on DS and PSP this week. Judging from the screen shots both versions look the same, obviously the DS one will have touch screen gubbins.

Here is what the developers say about it:

"Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords is a brand new, genre-bending title that ups the ante on traditional puzzle games by incorporating strategy, role-playing elements and a persistent storyline. Set in the Warlords universe, the game challenges players to save the land of Etheria from evil Lord Bane as gamers engage in battles fought by means of competitive, head-to-head "match-three" style puzzle games in one of three gameplay modes: Single-player, Instant Action or Multiplayer. Victory will advance a player's customisable hero, magical arsenal, creature companions and more—ultimately rewarding gamers at nearly every turn and deepening their immersion into the richly diverse world. The game's remarkable mix of classic puzzle gameplay and an abundant suite of characters, customisations, spells, companions, tameable monsters and more provides a fresh take on the puzzle genre that offers endless hours of replayability. Designed specifically for handheld gaming systems, Puzzle Quest can be enjoyed in long or short doses, cultivating a casual but deeply satisfying and compelling gameplay experience."

Sounds good and different, and it has wireless multiplayer features which is just dandy! Not had a chance to play the demo but a lot of previews of it sound quite promising.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game was due to be released stateside yesterday so any time now I guess.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Strider: I take it you've found it then!
tongue.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
has it been released?? (it's not on the portal or.. have I missed it?)

I've been waiting for this for a long long time now!

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really enjoying it. I haven't got that far in it but apart from the cheesy names of characters and places I think it's pretty cool.
smile.gif

Subt3xt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gallowglass.ca
XP
Country
Canada
I found a copy but it just gives me two white screens on my DS Lite SC. That happens sometimes and usually I just move on, but I'm really curious about this title. Does anyone have any advice?

edit: Nevermind, I got it working by turning off enable restart (as directed in another thread) and saver patch.

Krasnij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I played it now for 2 days, its damn awesome, the options are vast and improving your char makes so much damn fun. items/mounts/castles/sieges/ you can customize your skills so they match your puzzle style of play. Its freakin awesome and i can get no sleep because of it.

I recommend it to all collumns/rp lovers out there.
best regards

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played it now for 2 days, its damn awesome, the options are vast and improving your char makes so much damn fun. items/mounts/castles/sieges/ you can customize your skills so they match your puzzle style of play. Its freakin awesome and i can get no sleep because of it.

I recommend it to all collumns/rp lovers out there.
best regards

Ditto that. Before I knew it, and without any intent, I was addicted to this game. I'm still not sure I even like it, but I can't stop playing it. I never thought there would be this much depth to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf