Puyo Puyo Tetris heads to Steam/PC

banner_3068.jpg

After teasing fans with a potential PC release the past few days, SEGA has confirmed that they will indeed be bringing Puyo Puyo Tetris to Steam/PC. Puyo Puyo Tetris is a crossover between two beloved puzzle game series; Puyo Puyo, and Tetris. The game initially launched in Japan in 2014, and made its way to the west on consoles last year in 2017. The PC version of the game will release on February 27, 2018. Pre-ordering the title will get you special wallpapers, and a 10% discount. The game will also support mouse and keyboard input, as well as Japanese voiceovers, which were not included in the English console release.

SEGA® Europe Ltd. and The Tetris Company, LLC are pleased to announce that the fast-paced, competitive party game mash-up, Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® will launch on Steam for PC, on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.

Puyo Puyo Tetris sees two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris, one of the top selling video games of all time and one of the most recognised brands in gaming history, and Puyo Puyo from SEGA combine to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other! There are a ton of different styles of gameplay – from the single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to the ferocious competition of the up-to-four-player Arcade modes. You can even take your puzzle skills online in the Puzzle League or Free Play multiplayer modes with up to four players. Play through Adventure mode to unlock new characters and backgrounds and visit the in-game Shop which enables players to unlock new character voices and skins for Puyos and Tetriminos.

For those wanting to get in on the frantic puzzle action early, pre-order Puyo Puyo Tetris on Steam or other SEGA approved digital retailers* before 27th February and receive exclusive wallpapers and avatars featuring your favourite Puyo Puyo and Tetris characters. Pre-ordering through Steam will also net fans an additional 10% discount.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tetris company, is on the box. :P

Wonder how many people gonna get it now? I noticed it had Dunevo on it just like sonic mania, and is $20 just like sonic mania. Wonder if sega gonna get more hate for this. :unsure:

Probably some but I would guess very little in comparison:

Sega at least noted that denuvo was part of the deal on the steam page before release. So no backlash from not knowing from steam purchasers.

Less popular game; so less amount of backlash.

Also denuvo is problematic with creating game mods; something sonic retro genesis/megadrive fans are much more likely to be into. This game very few would want a mod; just the couple of people who might not like a voice over or something.

Still denuvo is not listed on the humble bundle selling page... so Sega is still not as open as they should be with customers. The humble store does tell you it's a steam key. So I guess if you were an astute customer you would just check steam's page before purchasing.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the console updates will have japanese voice overs (DOUBTING) not that I need this but maybe. Hopefully more fun will come from this game. Very shocked not many people stream this on twitch. :unsure:

azul120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice.

Though I wonder if being a Tetris licensed game means its days on Steam will be numbered. I anticipate Tetris Ultimate will be pulled due to the 1 Tetris game per digital platform rule, though no one will miss it.

What I'd really love to see is a TGM revival/localization. (There's that Twitter thing.)

Last edited by azul120,

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite being a longtime fan of the series, I cannot morally justify buying any Sega game on Steam after the PC launch of Sonic Mania. Stealth, Taxman, and the entire Sonic Retro community got completely screwed over.

At the absolute VERY least, they must remove Denuvo from Sonic Mania before I even consider buying another Sega game on Steam.
I also refuse to pirate games that I want to support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30